WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I’m considering getting a Nomos watch to commemorate a special event, specifically one from the Ludwig family. Although my ideal choice would’ve been the “leafy hands” enamel white dial 35 mm version, the fact that it was an LE and the price made me look for alternatives and I’m stuck with the following:

• Ludwig 33 duo enamel white ref. 242
  • Ludwig 33 ref. 243
  • Ludwig ref. 201

(Attaching the pictures for reference)

My main concern is my small wrist size (15 cm circumference) and I won’t be able to try any of them in a while because of the pandemic.

Do you guys have any experience with any of these 3 models? Thank you in advance!

·
Premium Member
33,371 Posts
Don't have actual experience with that particular model, but I have owned a number of Nomos and the smaller the case size the better especially for small wrists, IMHO.

I can't wear anything over their 35mm offerings or less, and my wrist is 17cm. They have some really long lugs......

Good luck.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I always say a Nomos wears 2mm above what the size is, because of the lugs and the size of the face. I have a 40mm Ahoi and it feels like a 42mm on my wrist. If you don't need seconds, I'd go for the first one since it has a cleaner look.

·
Registered
Omega Speedmaster Pro, Stowa Marine 36 KS, Sinn 104
717 Posts
I have a thing for small seconds, and for me the 201 would be the winner.

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
Definitely 201. They do wear very large due to long lugs and 0 bezel. 35mm wears great on most wrists. The second subdial also makes dial bit more lively than just hours\minutes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lol I'm actually really frustrated with this. I dislike the colour of the dial of the 201 - the creamy tint makes it look vintage-y and less appealing to me. They don't offer a white version of the 35mm, and the other two sizes are way too small/big for my taste. The 35mm also keeps the 'VI' underneath the small seconds which I like.

I wish the limited edition pieces weren't limited. It would've been the perfect watch for me (aside from missing the VI at the bottom) I also really liked the leaf style hands. 😭😭😭

1 - 7 of 7 Posts