WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my first Nomos, an Orion 33 (yes, I do know the main target for the 33s is women, but I really prefer watches around 33mm), and had a really hard time reading the serial number of the movement (not the one of the watch, that is clearly readable on the back side).

I've got alpha 1422xx. Does that sound about right?

Why is the serial number where it is? It is really hard to read there below the balance spring, I had to take several photos with my macro lens until I could read it.
Any idea, why they don't place it below the larger text on the 3/4 plate or somewhere else it could be read more easily?

Ralph -- very happy with this watch, though I it is a bit more expensive than I would have liked for an "everyday" watch.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just got my first Nomos, an Orion 33 (yes, I do know the main target for the 33s is women, but I really prefer watches around 33mm), and had a really hard time reading the serial number of the movement (not the one of the watch, that is clearly readable on the back side).

My wife's Tangente 33 has a five digit movement no.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts

Why is the serial number where it is? It is really hard to read there below the balance spring, I had to take several photos with my macro lens until I could read it.
Any idea, why they don't place it below the larger text on the 3/4 plate or somewhere else it could be read more easily?

Ralph -- very happy with this watch, though I it is a bit more expensive than I would have liked for an "everyday" watch.
My wife's Ludwig 33 (same movement) is the same, a 6-digit number. Is the inscription just to the left a Greek alpha? It's impossible to see on this watch. My neomatik proudly displays the movement and serial engraved on the main plate and gold-filled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts