WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Absolutely love the FOIS. 47mm l2l seem borderline. I will not go reduced for the modular movement. Been looking at 40mm racing with 46mm lug to lug but 15mm thickness...for the unfortunate like me, should I just give up on the speedy? Not a fan of the more current 38mm continuation of the day/date speedy. Is the racing my best bet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
583 Posts
What’s your wrist size? I’m 6.25” and can wear a pro just fine. The FOIS looks fine, too.

Could also look into the automatic date models if you want a smaller fit, different (better IMO) movement than the reduced.

·
Registered
12,216 Posts
The Speedmaster Professional is 47mm lug to lug so if worn on a strap I think it will look fine. It has lyre style lugs which wear better on smaller wrists rather than the straight lugs on the FOIS.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What’s your wrist size? I’m 6.25” and can wear a pro just fine. The FOIS looks fine, too.

Could also look into the automatic date models if you want a smaller fit, different (better IMO) movement than the reduced.

We have the same wrist size, Ive seen some dates and the mordern ones are a little too...jewelry like lol, but it seem maybe I might be able to pull off the FOIS after all...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Speedmaster Professional is 47mm lug to lug so if worn on a strap I think it will look fine. It has lyre style lugs which wear better on smaller wrists rather than the straight lugs on the FOIS.

Hmmm Ive been seeing the l2l on the professional is 48? I might have to look again

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a 6inch wrist and happily wear a pro. I agree with the previous comments definitely better on a strap than the bracelet and even better on a NATO.
DSC_0402.JPG

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
6.3” wrist here an wear the FOIS very comfortably. Wrist shot pics are always deceiving... put it on and walk over to the full length mirror to see how it looks on you. That’s what I do at the AD when trying on a watch.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Not a fan of the more current 38mm continuation of the day/date speedy. Is the racing my best bet?
Which model are you referring to? The Speedmaster 38 seems like a great option:

Omega (as usual) doesn't tell us the lug-to-lug distance. But a quick bit of Google-fu suggests that it's ~43mm.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
6.3” wrist here an wear the FOIS very comfortably. Wrist shot pics are always deceiving... put it on and walk over to the full length mirror to see how it looks on you. ThYs what I do at the AD when trying on a watch.

Yee I think wrist over 6.25 can wear it...I think my eye is just attuned to watches that wear smaller, but I think I will be getting the FOIS thanks to the input

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Which model are you referring to? The Speedmaster 38 seems like a great option:

Omega (as usual) doesn't tell us the lug-to-lug distance. But a quick bit of Google-fu suggests that it's ~43mm.
Yee I researched this, this is the continued speedy date. The notched bezel, sub dial text, applied indices take away from the tool watch feel of the speedy experiences for me. Despite having the desired dimensions. But the spec of the watch is def better with the 3330 caliber. There is just a romance to the manual wind for addicts like me haha

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Yeah - the 38 doesn't use the manual wind 186x movement. But it does use the some automatic movement that's found in the 40mm Speedmaster Racing models.

One interesting option might be the discontinued Omega Deville Prestige 4540.31. It has a 36mm case and the same 1861 movement that is/was found in the Speedmaster Moonwatch. But doesn't look anything like a Moonwatch. It's a silver dial - but most of the online photos are poor and make it look almost white.

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
In my humble opinion, if the lugs overhang the wrist, the watch is too big.

Reactions: dealta66

·
Registered
286 Posts
FOIS looks good in the first pic. l2l is a metric, but not all measurements fit on wrist the same.

Not a fan of the 38. Looks like a cheap knock off of the speedy to me. Had the same feeling about the reduced too.

If you can find a speedmaster 57 as part of the trilogy, the case is a little smaller at 38.6mm. Be mindful there are like 5 different speedmaster 57 though, and they are all different

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FOIS looks good in the first pic. l2l is a metric, but not all measurements fit on wrist the same.

Not a fan of the 38. Looks like a cheap knock off of the speedy to me. Had the same feeling about the reduced too.

If you can find a speedmaster 57 as part of the trilogy, the case is a little smaller at 38.6mm. Be mindful there are like 5 different speedmaster 57 though, and they are all different

I checked the trilogy, despite having a smaller case diameter the lugs are like 49-50mm lol its pretty large

1 - 16 of 16 Posts