WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Mine claims to be waterproof to 600feet, but I've read other posts on here saying that they aren't waterproof at all. Any feedback on this would be much appreciated.
I would be surprised if they were made to be more than 3-5atm (30 - 50 meters) water resistant. I wouldn't get all bent out of shape if water splashed on mine, although I would wipe it off. But I wouldn't take it to the swimming pool.

Cheers,
gigfy

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Do you mean "Chronomat"? I just received a Chronomat GMT yesterday that claims 200M WR on the dial, which is laughable. Won't even come close to that.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Do you mean "Chronomat"? I just received a Chronomat GMT yesterday that claims 200M WR on the dial, which is laughable. Won't even come close to that.
And, you have tested it to back this claim?

(When I had mine it went to 10 atm, which was, at the time, the highest I could go.)

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
And, you have tested it to back this claim?

(When I had mine it went to 10 atm, which was, at the time, the highest I could go.)
No, just a S.W.A.G. I wrote it off as a dial decoration, in part because of its price tag (~$100 new) and the fact that it also says "Perpetual Calendar", which it does not feature. None of my watches are pressure tested as I stay as far away from water as possible lol.

I've noticed that the bezel has a bit of wobble/play - would that compromise WR at all? Just got it yesterday, so I've not checked its gaskets or anything else. Nice watch that does exactly what I need it to do...I just think the labeling is more form than function. Could be very wrong, as I have been mistaken once or twice in life.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I received my Chronotac a week ago and the combination of the screwed backside and screwed crown with a small rubber band between the case and crown makes me think that it should be okay for showering and even swimming. Not that I'm going to test it of course ;-)

Shameless cross post. Here's the link of my post in the affordable forum: https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=298169

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I received my Chronotac a week ago and the combination of the screwed backside and screwed crown with a small rubber band between the case and crown makes me think that it should be okay for showering and even swimming.
A gasket :) I read on WUS that they need to greased to be effective though, not sure if that's true but that would mean just having a gasket would not necessarily be enough to be WR.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
A gasket :) I read on WUS that they need to greased to be effective though, not sure if that's true but that would mean just having a gasket would not necessarily be enough to be WR.
The grease is used only to prevent the gasket from grabbing the case and tearing when installing the back. It evaporates off after a while.

Spit works just as well in a pinch.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Mine claims to be waterproof to 600feet, but I've read other posts on here saying that they aren't waterproof at all. Any feedback on this would be much appreciated.
If it is anything like the Alpha GMT, it should be OK for the shower.
I've had mine 2 weeks now, wearing it 24/7, incl. showers and swimming. My 9 month old Baby boy also like to chew on it (he's teething). No problems yet. |>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts