WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,630 Posts
Frankly, I find it a bit rude you need to pry into this so much. Good luck on your search.
If you’re not comfortable being asked how much you paid, it may be best not to join a thread with a post about paying more than you were initially comfortable with.

You are within your rights to politely decline to answer, but it seemed an entirely logical and reasonable question to ask.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The NF is now the one that got away for me. Couldnt purchase one due to potentially losing money on it in the long run and totally missed news updates that they also increased in value :/

·
Registered
989 Posts
Does this also apply to the NF on a strap?

My AD has one in the window for ages.

Prices on watchrecon are below msrp afaik

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The NF is now the one that got away for me. Couldnt purchase one due to potentially losing money on it in the long run and totally missed news updates that they also increased in value :/
How about buying it because you really liked it? Or was that a distant second to the priority of financial returns?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought mine in December 2018 because I liked it, and I still like it. A tidy discount for the model on a strap with £1000 down and the rest on 0% finance over 2 years.

So all in all a sweet deal that’s boosted now with the news it was also a good financial investment.

I shall watch prices with interest and adjust my contents insurance accordingly. And I will continue to wear and enjoy a landmark Tudor that I now know is going to remain a quite rare beast.

I wonder how many pieces were actually produced and sold. Do Tudor or Rolex ever release such data?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just don't see the same price trends in Tudor than Rolex, even with the most hyped watches, it's "easy" to get a Blue BB58 afterall right

·
Registered
350 Posts
Be wary when buying EOL hoping they rise. The North Flag was never really popular. Only famed for launching the in house movement with a see thru case back.
Otherwise they were in every shop window for years. Buy if you like it. But not for any value realisation in the future. a quick Google and eBay can show the current pricing today with the tail end of marketing.

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
There are plenty of slow sellers that eventually become very sought after later.

Then there are the countless others that never go anywhere. They were and continue to be flops.

Rolex is a bit of a different ballgame since the demand just spills over into any model. But Tudor.... not so sure.

Tudor Submariner is a hit. Tudor Iconaut is not.

It’s certainly a gamble with the North Flag.

Example a Tudor BB Chrono. The new one is better in every regard. The old discontinued one... dropping in price. Maybe - maybe in the long run it might pick up. Or if the new ones are in such high demand that there is a supply issue for a year - then it might drive up prices of the old one. Temporarily.

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Be wary when buying EOL hoping they rise. The North Flag was never really popular. Only famed for launching the in house movement with a see thru case back.
Otherwise they were in every shop window for years. Buy if you like it. But not for any value realisation in the future. a quick Google and eBay can show the current pricing today with the tail end of marketing.
Good advice - strange, isn't it, to be recommending that people buy what they like with their disposable income. It used to be normal behaviour. Like recommending they buy a chair that's comfortable, or tasty food!

·
Registered
30,068 Posts
Good advice - strange, isn't it, to be recommending that people buy what they like with their disposable income. It used to be normal behaviour. Like recommending they buy a chair that's comfortable, or tasty food!
Still the best advice surely....if you like something buy it.

Buying something you don’t like, especially a watch, is asking for trouble.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I still find it strange people buy watches in anticipation of the price rising or celebrating the fact something was discontinued. It's a dangerous game trying to gamble on something rising in price - with the exchange/commission/fees nowadays you need to see an increase of over £500 for a decent return and of course firstly find a buyer.

I can understand for Rolex, AP, PP, or more prestigious models - but I hardly known/read/saw anyone clambering for a NF Tudor

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
I still find it strange people buy watches in anticipation of the price rising or celebrating the fact something was discontinued.
I make decisions based on returns, but with my pension and savings.

Wanting other people not to have what you have is becoming a feature of Rolex, Tudor and many adherents.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I’ve heard there are going to be 8 or 9 minty boxed North Flags at East Street market Walworth over the weekend. It’s the stall in front of the greasy spoon, ask for Big Dave.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Buying Tudor watches certainly won't help anyone's pensions but it's a nice excuse to the partner :)

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Is Tudor joining Rolex for Grey Dealer flipping or have they always been?
Grey dealer flippers, with strong competition from consumers flippers who measure the worth of their luxury product exclusively in cents on the dolla, have taken over releases from the Black Bay Company. I fully expect a Black Bay made of... anything really, coal, sponge etc to be cleaned out of The Tudor AD by the back door and up on C24 with a phat premium the following week.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Grey dealer flippers, with strong competition from consumers flippers who measure the worth of their luxury product exclusively in cents on the dolla, have taken over releases from the Black Bay Company. I fully expect a Black Bay made of... anything really, coal, sponge etc to be cleaned out of The Tudor AD by the back door and up on C24 with a phat premium the following week.
Interesting.. bit of a bummer as I hoped Tudor was safe from that frenzy but guess that's the game

21 - 40 of 45 Posts