WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
This one was discontinued because it was a bit of a dud. Sometimes a watch being killed can actually hurt value...
A watch has to be popular/successful to begin with to grown in stature after discontinuation.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This one was discontinued because it was a bit of a dud. Sometimes a watch being killed can actually hurt value...
A watch has to be popular/successful to begin with to grown in stature after discontinuation.
That totally explains the Rolex Cosmograph/Daytona phenomenon

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
That totally explains the Rolex Cosmograph/Daytona phenomenon
In 20 year of my Rolex life I've never known the Daytona to be "a dud". It's been hard to get a white dial Daytona for 10,15? years.
Then they discontinued and ⬆📈

·
Registered
25 Posts
In 20 year of my Rolex life I've never known the Daytona to be "a dud". It's been hard to get a white dial Daytona for 10,15? years.
Then they discontinued and
When the Cosmograph was first introduced, it was a giveaway because no one wanted it. When it was discontinued and its future iterations became popular due to popular culture, it became sought after.

Not saying that the North Flag will get the same treatment by the way.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
When the Cosmograph was first introduced, it was a giveaway because no one wanted it. When it was discontinued and its future iterations became popular due to popular culture, it became sought after.

Not saying that the North Flag will get the same treatment by the way.
Yeah so was the Submariner. LOL and they were $379 at the PX. The North Flag is no Daytona.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts