WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster who is fairly new into watches. As my title says I have a NF with a steel bracelet that I absolutely love. Being used to wearing a watch all the time, I want to get one to wear while I'm riding my dirtbike. and by riding by dirtbike I mean riding on foo wide trails in the woods, jumping logs and busting through brush. Typically every ride is meet with some sort "get off". Luckily, most are at fairly low speed. This isn't the kind of wear and tear that I want to put on my NF

Thus the want for another watch. On the little bit of looking I have done, some of the G-shocks may work well for me. Some have a compass, temp and altimeter. What I'm hoping from you all is a confirm on the g-shock or another recommendation. Thanks.

Also, the reason I posted in this specific forum is because you all know what nice watches are and I have high hopes that you can recommend a good one for me to beat the .... out of. If the Casio is the best for the job, so be it. If there is a better one, I know you all will send me in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Hi, welcome to watchuseek!
I own an Explorer 214279 and a Ceramic Submariner No Date. I wear them for almost any occasion, I do Downhill Mountain Biking and I'm pretty certain they can take that kind of abuse but they are not very comfortable as the vibrations can get pretty intense and I end up with sore wrists from the weight of the watch.

I personally ride with a G-Shock GW-M5610 tough solar atomic watch. There's not much else that can be comfortable and take the abuse, perhaps a Timex Ironman but pretty much any G-Shock will do.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
G-Shock for sure :-! they are really robust, light and easy to read on the bike.

I keep mine for beach / mountain biking / snowboarding or anything where I'm likely to fall off/over.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
As Nemoskywalker stated, I too have an exp/ sub combo and I'm sure the NF can take those beatings as well, but I'm going to have to give it to the G-shock as a heavy beater like that. I wear my watches in almost everything I do but I would hate to smash it crashing. Goodluck!

·
Registered
428 Posts
I've been looking at G-Shocks for similar reasons. I've pretty much concluded that G-Shock or other digital / analog type watches are the best for this sort of thing. I saw an article last night that had a black Suunto Military watch on a list. I can't find the article now. It was top 5 Military watches or something like that linked from an article about top Military G-Shocks. The only reason I didn't put the Suunto in my consideration is that it has more functions than I need.

·
Registered
36,311 Posts
GW-3000BB, my old beater, has withstood much abuse:

GW-3000BB With GW-3000M

GW-3000M

GW-3000 is solar and atomic with GMT, world time, day & date, alarm. Available in at least 5 different color schemes

·
Registered
126 Posts
Grrrr. I hate you lot. Just when I thought I had got over my habit of constantly hunting for another g-shock I come across this post with all these lovely photos of g-shocks in it! And I'm heading to Tokyo this weekend for a week...

To the OP though. G-shock it is and preferably on rubber strap so if / when you come off / crash the strap doesn't dig its way through your wrist like a metal bracelet will. I've ridden bikes for years now and for anything other than commuting it will be my g-shocks or any quartz watch and ideally a non-metal bracelet / strap.

cheers,
Delirious.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think a g shock would be perfect. 1412211A-15BC-46CA-80E4-8C9FA0A0894C_zpsu03pewdw.jpg

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Suunto Traverse gets my vote. Not exactly a cheap watch to replace though.

Can't go wrong with literally any g shock - they all do roughly the same thing unless you want to spend $600+

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts