WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
A vintage SUB 200T-Graph Divingstar??????? Say it aint so. Did someone say grail watch?

Wow how many of those were ever made? I'll bet we are talking 5 or 10, probably less. I'd say it was a prototype. There has never been any photos or brochures or anything mentioned about it in anything I have ever seen. Guess I better add a quick mention to the book.

Pete

Hey Pete,

Always something else to look for…that is the greatest thing about DOXA watches…just when you think…out comes another!

We can sit, and talk about it while we fish!

John

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
John,

you are absolutely right when you say "just when you think....along comes another". I have found exactly this during my time putting the book together. The book is "finished" but in reality it never will because as sure as God made little green apples, next year a SUB 450T will turn up or a Divingstar Conquistador prototype or a Divingstar T-Graph......or ......

Fishing, you bet. While you are at the pool, I'll be fishing through your drawers looking for that Searambler T-Graph :)

Pete

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hey Pete,

No need to fish for the T-Graph, it will be in the auto-winder! LOL!

·
Registered
51 Posts
That goes to show that there is such a thing as a miracle! What a find!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the Vintage T.Graph Club.After so many years they are still beautiful watches.:-!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Thanks for the tip, and the concern. However, yes I do know…I know what you are thinking, ya, sure he does. LOL!

It has the Eberhard Cal. 310-82, a manual wind, Chrono. However, it looks good in my “DOXA Box” 16 Watch Winder (not made by DOXA), That has all my DOXA’s in it. Each winder inside holds two watches, each winder has a separate control. Therefore, whether the watch is an automatic, quartz, or manual wind I can put the watch in, as I shut off that particular winder.

My contention is...why have these beautiful things have and not display them (almost every watch I own is in a winder and on display). I just put them in and if they are not autos then put two none autos in the same one, and turn that particular winder off.

Thanks for the Welcome Joe P.! I love your watch collection!

·
Registered
688 Posts

Yes, there actually is a 200T-Graph DivingStar. I have never seen one, and I probably never will. John P. said a few were made (I believe he has seen one).

Did they start making Divingstars before Synchron bought them out? I've never seen a pre-Synchron Divingstar... Or did they continue making T-Graphs after the buyout? I've never seen a Synchron or Aubry T-Graph either. I'd like to believe, but I just don't buy it...:think:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Did they start making Divingstars before Synchron bought them out? I've never seen a pre-Synchron Divingstar... Or did they continue making T-Graphs after the buyout? I've never seen a Synchron or Aubry T-Graph either. I'd like to believe, but I just don't buy it...:think:

This could be up for theoretical debate forever…however, I think we should nip this in the butt now and end it. No offense to any one.

John P. has been working for the DOXA for 18 years. If John P. says he has seen a DivingStar T-Graph, then I am going to believe him 1000%. There is not a person in this forum outside of Dr. Millar who knows more about DOXA’s then John.

I know my T-graph has the style of bracelet used during the "Synchron, and Aubry" Era, as well as the box. We know it is new old stock. We know the paperwork is correct on it…we know the seller is impeccable.

Now, how important is this find, it is going back to Switzerland, and to Germany to be looked over, I presume disassembled, and professionally photographed.

This is a thread to be enjoyed by everyone, on a rare find, that I am very happy to share with everyone.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hi All,

I don't claim to be an expert or anything, just an observer! But I have seen for sale over the past year or so far more Searambler 200T's than any other. I have seen two Pro's and zero Sharkhunter's or Divingstar's, until this thread I never expected to! Is there any info on the number produced?

Cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
They are Mysterious Watches, DOXA's are!

BTW, thanks for all the offers on my watch...

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Sorry about the late post John!!!!! :-(

Congrats on one nice watch!!!!! :gold |> :-!

Did I read that some of you want to go fishing?????? Count us in!!!!!!

Stephen

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Nice bass, Stephen! Do y'all fish on Lake Erie or an inland lake?

Paul

(Nice Bathys, too!)
That looks like Lake Erie water in the background, and an Erie Smallie, the only thing missing is the waves. Oh those Erie waves.

I'm in awe of that T-Graph John, great find.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Hey Steve,

Thanks! Nice to see you here! Great Boat and nice Bass!

Nice watches too!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts