WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the chance to buy 7 trays+ of salesman sample watches, cases, movements etc. Mostly Miramar Geneve but also some Erina (Swiss) and Elor (French).
The highlight for me is a Triple Date, moonphase Miramar but there's also some with the Swiss 19k hallmark on the back. My question is as these are samples, are they likely to be solid gold or is it possible they would be plated but stamped to give an indication of what the retailer would receive? One of the reasons I'm asking is the case back which is stamped looks a different colour to the bezel. Obviously I could remove a sample to test but as they're in mint condition I'm not keen to cause any damage. I realise you cant give a definitive answer but has anyone ever handled samples before? Have to admit I've no idea how I'm going to value this lot but have to start somewhere.
Any thoughts gratefully received, TIA

Attachments

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Case back picture of the stamped watch would help

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Case back picture of the stamped watch would help
You're quite right, sadly I'm an idiot, was definitely Swiss (Helvetia, Helvetica?) 18k mark so think it's genuine just struck me as odd that there seemed to be a colour difference between the 2 parts of the case. May be just light reflecting differently due to the angles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts