WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I know this is not the right place to post about this watch, but this is somehow my home forum here, you know. I hope you like it.

I have had this Luminox watch for about 8 days now. The model name is "Luminox A.3051.NT.GRN NAVY SEAL COLORMARK". This the first watch with zulu band for me, and I have to admit it feels very very comfortable. I really am happy that I went for the zulu instead of the rubber band version. Luminox watches are all about their tritium illumination, and almost everyone who buys these watches buys them mainly for this fact. I was very curious to see how such illumination works and what is better than getting one to see it in person?;-) My watch is from the "Sea" series of Luminox lineup. They have two other lines which is consisted of "Air" and "Land" series. The names really give away the function each series is aimed for. It came in a very stylish box, which I didn't really expect considering the price.

The watch I've got has a case with the diameter of 44mm. There are also models which are smaller with a 38mm case. It is the perfect size for me and I find it very nice. It is made of Carbon reinforced PC according to what Luminox says. It is very very light compared to metal and seems very strong as well. The back of watch is also made of the same material and is attached via 4 screws like what we have on regular G-Shock watches these days. It is 200meters water resist and has a metal crown. It is not a screw-lock crown like on diver's watches. It is a double-security gasket according to Luminox (I have little knowledge about analog watches on this matter. I'd be glad if anyone can clarify what exactly that kind of crown is). It has a hardened mineral glass. This is somehow the entry level of Luminox watches so that is what you would expect for the crystal material. It has a Swiss quartz movement with EOL function. The only function other than time is showing date. If the watch is low on battery the seconds hand jumps every 4 seconds. I have yet to find exactly what kind of movement Luminox has used, but I guess it may be a Ronda movement. I haven't had it for so long to comment on its accuracy, but so far the watch has gained about 3 seconds. One of the things I really like about this watch is very good readability. The black dial with white numbers and hands make it pretty easy to read. The illumination on this model is in colors green and a somehow light violet, let's say. The hour and minute hand along with 12 o'clock and the zero position on rotatable bezel are in green while all other indicators along with the seconds hand are in violet. It is not as bright as the lume you'll find on Seiko watches, but the thing is it never loses its luminosity. The rotatable bezel is unidirectional and feels very solid. The only other watch with a rotatable bezel I've got is a Casio MDV-106. I know that's not a full-fledged diver's watch, but still the bezel feels less solid compared to the Luminox.

I should say that I'm very very pleased with my Luminox. I have a thing for simple analog watches with a clean face. This fits the bill perfectly for me. I have to apologize for my writing. I'm not a good writer of articles and reviews and have no such talent and experience. Forgive me if it is not that good.

No new watch thread is complete without some pics, so there you go (I couldn't get a decent lume shot from the watch no matter how hard I tried):

Reactions: StephenWatch

·
Registered
280 Posts
nice i have a traser!! love it and put it (it hs blue lume and highlights) with a striped blue (mostly black- blue stripes) zulu

·
Registered
3,432 Posts

·
Registered
8,523 Posts
Nice catch buddy, looks good with the olive nylon strap :-! I had a similar once, the 3051 out of the Colormark Series. Nothing beats a tritium watch for telling the time at a glance during nighttime. Enjoy your new "firefly" ;-)

cheers

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you, guys!
The lume shot I have provided for sure does not do justice to how good it actually is. I will replace it with a better one ASAP.

Nice catch buddy, looks good with the olive nylon strap :-! I had a similar once, the 3051 out of the Colormark Series. Nothing beats a tritium watch for telling the time at a glance during nighttime. Enjoy your new "firefly" ;-)

cheers

Thanks, Holger! Good to know you had a similar one. I really like the strap. It feels very comfortable and is the best choice for a hot summer day.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Freakin awesome beauty! Love it and thanks for breaking the rules to show us.

Sent from my mini Galaxy so soz for typos :-\

·
Registered
471 Posts
I too have an 8802 and after putting it on a Zulu, it's practically weightless! And of course, nothing beats the visibility it presents to a fully night-vision-adapted eye.

Old pics, but make the point.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Congrats on the new addition - every collector should have at least one with tritium tubes :-d.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Congrats on the new addition - every collector should have at least one with tritium tubes :-d.

cheers, Sedi :)
Thank you! It has been the most practical feature I've ever used on a watch, really. I love it:-!

Just had a scan on Amazon uk and this caught my eye......

Luminox Gents Navy Seal Fabric Strap Watch A.3951: Luminox: Amazon.co.uk: Watches

Got to say, loving the oversized strap.

View attachment 764528
Nice find, mate! That is a very nice strap, I see. A velcro one it must be.

I too have an 8802 and after putting it on a Zulu, it's practically weightless! And of course, nothing beats the visibility it presents to a fully night-vision-adapted eye.
They are very very light. Your watch is from the "Land" series and looks as stealthy as a shadow. Basically the same watch I have with subtle differences and green tritium indicators.

BTW, your lume shots are way better than mine. I really have to get rid my of old Canon camera...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts