WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After deciding to be a one watch box collector a few years ago, I have almost filled my box with only one spot left. The collection definitely looks different than what I would have expected when I started collecting. I’m quite happy with the pieces I’ve gathered and don’t see myself moving on from any piece in the foreseeable future, other than my beater watch the Ball Hydrocarbon.

I’m struggling to decide what type of watch to add next. I don’t have many opportunities to wear a dress watch, so my collection has been focused more on stainless sports watches.

I was considering the Breguet Marine Chronograph in rose gold for quite some time, but I’m not sure it’s something I’d wear on a regular basis. So now I’m wondering if I’d be better off saving for a bit longer and purchasing an A Lange Sohne Grand Lange 1. Which got me thinking if a Glashutte Original Panomatic might make sense to see if it’s something I’d wear very often, as would give me the satisfaction of filling my box quicker. Other options I’ve consider is the new Cartier Santos with a blue dial, but I don’t like how easily the bezel scratches and feel like the watch loses much if it’s appeal with the wear. I’ve also considered a Girard Perregaux WW.TC with a panda dial. The world timer would be a different complication and the panda would be a unique look added to my collection as well.

Looking for different perspectives to help narrow my focus on what type of watch to consider. Not sure I missed something that would make my collection more well rounded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I love.your Ball! Hydrocarbon?

You need a Grand Seiko. Or check out the new Prospex LX line. The sweep of that spring drive is where the Swiss attempted to arrive.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Although some people claim that the finishing on Glashutte is similar to the finishing on the A Lange, I believe you are better off saving for an A Lange and getting the watch you really want. My coworker owned a Glashutte and it looked kinda wobbly and not well constructed as an A Lange.
I suggest you add a holly trinity to your collection.

·
Banned
21 Posts
I'm in a similar predicament. And, I've considered the same exact options plus a few chronos. I think I'm landing on saving for a Lange. I'd recommend the same! It's diverse add, an incredible piece and a good one to work for versus just acquiring something now GL!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm not sure what make to recommend, but I would recommend adding another chronograph to the collection. You have a great set of watches there, well done!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts