WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some really excellent watches, mostly Omegas. Was looking for a daily user and something different in the form of a dresswatch chrono with moonphase. Should I go for a new Sea-Gull M199S Classic Moonphase Mechanical Chronograph or a PRE-LOVED something else??? Any ideas, advice? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Pre-loved 14060m would serve you well IMHO.

·
Registered
11,783 Posts
I've had a couple of Sea Gulls (since sold) and I thought they were well worth the money. That M199s looks like a nice watch, I'd go for it. You won't have much to lose.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Split Second. Whatever it is about a Rolex it does absolutely nothing for me. Anyway the the 14060m is too close to my Omega in looks at least.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks rfortson. Because I have paid so much for my Omegas I am almost frightened to use them. I actually can't enjoy wearing them!!! Terrible I know. Only wear them on special occasions. A 500$ Sea-Gull 199s might be the way to go. But lets see what some other members have to say. Open to ideas.

·
Premium Member
61,543 Posts
As a new watch affectionado it's pretty obvious where my vote would go even is the smart money was on something pre loved.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
What is the point for keeping the Omega if they are not going to be worn ? I'd say get rid of the Omegas and get a Hamilton or Tissot auto chrono.

·
Banned
5,307 Posts
I've had a couple of Sea Gulls (since sold) and I thought they were well worth the money. That M199s looks like a nice watch, I'd go for it. You won't have much to lose.
The only Seagull I got is dead on arrival. Still on repair back to China...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts