WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
I like it! I'd be interested to know how well it keeps time over an extended period of time. I respect Timex because they bring out so many different types of watches with so many different technologies and styles (ie expedition line, Ironman, perpetual calendar and automatics) at such a competitive and economical price point. Enjoy your new watch!

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
I agree, Timex makes watches for everyone, the one you have there is quite a looker. I might look into a Timex automatic!

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Great looking Timex :p . Now I have to decide which one to get, that one or the automatic that DigitalQuirk picked up O| .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Beautiful watch! I want to buy a Timex automatic for my collection as well (either the T2D941AT, or the T2C261AT), but no one can tell me the diameter of the face/body (excluding the crown). Is it at least 40mm? I called Timex customer service, and THEY couldn't even tell me! The agent said that it was a "large" watch, and was "somewhere between 1-1/4" to 1-3/4" in diameter". HOLD ON!!! HUGE difference in the world of watches, ma'am! We're talking 31.75mm (wimpy) to 44.45mm (whopper).

Any help would be appreciated. I cant find one locally here in Chicago and will probably order over the web.

Thank you!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Case diameter is 40mm-1.572". Crystal diameter is 33mm-1.303". These digital calipers sure come in handy! Thickness is 12.02mm- 0.472". Crown diameter- 7.02mm-0.276".
A thousand thank-you's Bill! You've just told me more than Timex customer service could (or would, as they never called or e-mailed me back).

A beautiful piece that I will have to beg Santa Claus for in earnest!

Now....the only other question is...metal band, or leather strap..... O| (heh-heh!)

Thanks again,
Dave

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Hi Mike. It runs about -20 sec a day. it's the only mechanical I have that runs on the slow side. But I'll give it a little longer to break in and see what happens.

As I recall, the movement is Chinese, a Seagull movement, which is a very reliable movement. I'll bet that after about a one month settle in period it should be keeping quite accurate time.

It really is a great looking piece.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A thousand thank-you's Bill! You've just told me more than Timex customer service could (or would, as they never called or e-mailed me back).

A beautiful piece that I will have to beg Santa Claus for in earnest!

Now....the only other question is...metal band, or leather strap..... O| (heh-heh!)

Thanks again,
Dave
Yes that would be a great gift from Santa! IMO, some watches look good on leather straps, but this one is all steel for me. I doubt I'll ever change the bracelet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes that would be a great gift from Santa! IMO, some watches look good on leather straps, but this one is all steel for me. I doubt I'll ever change the bracelet.
I agree! I'll probably leave the steel strap on, as it's look is very classy. I'm used to wearing leather straps, but have a steel band on my Hamilton "Empire" that doesnt bother me at all.

Thanks again for the help. I'll see if I can post a few photos if the big guy in the red suit and white beard drops one down my chimney on Monday.

One more quandry: Black or silver face????!!!??? I guess that's my problem to deal with.....:think:

·
Registered
8 Posts
How accurate is your Timex (after 2 months)?

·
Registered
19 Posts
How accurate is your Timex (after 2 months)?
The watch is running without a hitch. As far as true rate results, I haven't checked it, but i dont find myself adjusting it as long as I keep it wound (thanks to that power reserve indicator!). If anything, it may be a tad on the fast side, but again, that's just a guess.

I really do enjoy the watch a lot. If I had my way, though, I would lose the 24 hour sub dial @ 12 o'clock (WAY too small to be practical), and I would eliminate the date window / bubble @ 4 o'clock as well; again, too small, and in order to effectively use the bubble magnifier to see the date, you have to be at a "just-so" angle in good light...otherwise, forget it! I would have used that real estate to make for a bigger power reserve indicator. Finally, blued-steel hands would have been a nice touch to finish it off.

I love that Timex left the back open for all to see, and I must say that I've seen very few rotors spin so freely as the one does on this watch. I'd love to have a watch winder, but setting it isn't a big deal.

I'd recommend this time piece; great value for the money. |>

·
Registered
602 Posts
I would eliminate the date window / bubble @ 4 o'clock as well; again, too small, and in order to effectively use the bubble magnifier to see the date, you have to be at a "just-so" angle in good light...otherwise, forget it!

Looks like Timex heard you on the bubble indicator. It's not there in the pictures on the website now. link

Chris

1 - 20 of 21 Posts