WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the Carl Edmond Granit. The brand sends up tons of red flags: the made up name, quartz movement, unspecified but clearly Chinese sourcing, highly styled web site.... It sounds at first like Daniel Wellington 2.0. But the brand hired some real talent, Eric Giroud as Art Director and Adrian Glessing as Head Designer. Giroud has done designs for some of the most respected names in the industry, and imo he did a lovely job with this modest project.

The sandblasted dial is white, but takes on the colors of the light around it--hence the three different photos, none of which captures the play of light as it moves. It's a constant pleasure to look at, not least for the play of circles and crosshairs in the very sophisticated dial design. The oddball lugs work and the watch is comfortable on the wrist. The movement is quartz, from Ronda, the nicely finished and slim case is stainless steel, and the crystal is sapphire. The veg tanned strap with quick release bars was stiff out of the box but quickly softened up.

This is the woman's model, 29 mm, but square watches wear bigger and the bar on the 12 o'clock lugs makes it bigger still. I have a small wrist and I am glad I didn't get the 34 mm version. I got it from www.timebyme.com, which runs regular sales. It cost me well under US$200. A bargain, I think.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts