WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Seiko. A gold plated Seiko 7005-2000, which I bought, and an overpriced 9ct gold Trebex, which I didn't. I also have an identical model in stainless steel.
And now the pics:

The best bit was the price I paid.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
£10. Knocked down from £12.
Hi JL,

Thats not a bad looking watch.... overpriced..... but thats what you get in Bucks! It is crazy how much you can pic up vintage Seikos for!!

I have owed a few of that model... the last of which was this....

I think it cost £6 (or in the region of).... It still does not beat the King Seiko (KS) with High Beat Auto movement, Boxed, for £4!

Im guessing yours is a 1972/73 era one like mine??

I spent time cleaning it up.... did not bother to replace the crystal, as it would not add anything to the value.... think I got in the region of £20!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi JL,

Thats not a bad looking watch.... overpriced..... but thats what you get in Bucks! It is crazy how much you can pic up vintage Seikos for!!
Personally I don't think it was overpriced. There's a small profit to be made when I come to sell it, which will probably be sooner than I thought. Still, I'll enjoy it while I have it.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Hi JL,

I was joking about the 'overpriced'.... thats why i went on to say about how crazy it is!!! I obviously need to work on my sarcasm!!

I would have snapped it up at that price.... It is however sad how these get undervalued (IMO) by sellers and collectors....

As for profit, in percentage terms, Im sure you can make a great profit on that watch!!

Marc

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I did wonder. This is why we need a sarcasm font/sign.
Agreed.... having quite a dry sense of humor mixed with sarcasm (or great wit as i see it) is not a winning combo for forum chat!!!

Marc

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
The winking smiley ;-) can be useful to flag up tongue in cheek contributions. Green Eye Close-up Circle Sphere

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is however sad how these get undervalued (IMO) by sellers and collectors....

As for profit, in percentage terms, Im sure you can make a great profit on that watch!!

Marc
I can't actually believe the price it went for. In percentage terms I've just made 410%. That's a better return than the stock market.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts