WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is barely anything better than cruising the friendly skies at 36,000 feet and posting on the Rolex forum for free on Alaskan Air wearing my D-serial LV sub. I only brought the one Rolex, but hope to post some interesting pictures this next week. We are going to spend a couple days in Anchorage, several days camping in Denali, and a couple days in Seward.

Pics to follow........ :-!

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
More Alaska pics! Can't wait. I love Seward. We vacationed there a couple of times when I was a teenager. I hope y'all have a spectacular time, Jason.

Jeannie

·
Registered
626 Posts
Must hit the Snow Goose and try some of the Sleeping Lady. Its a great restaurant and brewery on West 3rd Avenue.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Send us the obligatory shot of your Sub with a glacier in the background. But make it interesting by having a bear getting ready to chomp down on your wrist. LOL...Have a nice trip. :-!

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Must hit the Snow Goose and try some of the Sleeping Lady. Its a great restaurant and brewery on West 3rd Avenue.
Thanks for the tips :-!

My brother lives in Alaska, and he typically is a connoisseur of food and good taste. I will make sure that those are on his list for this week. ;-)

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We just made a quick little trip over to Potter Marsh and saw a bald eagle, salmon, and this little fellow. I have a feeling that this will be a good trip. :-!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Great pictures, as usual, buddy. Looking forward to more. Doing any climbing / hiking? Always wanted to go to Denali.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Have loads of fun Jason...:-!

·
4,410 Posts
The only state I really want to visit!

Lucky!:-!

I have a friend who worked as an engineer on the pipeline for Alyeska. The stories are absolutely amazing!

And only one rolex?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Beautiful pics, Jason...keep them coming! :-!

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: The only state I really want to visit!

<snip>.................And only one rolex?

We are planning to travel in a 32' RV to Denali and to Seward and will be spending very little time at my brother's house. I didn't feel that it would be the most secure to try to travel very "watch heavy":-:)-(

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

A couple pictures from Denali National Park

Mt McKinley (20,320ft) from ~80miles away. Mckinley can be seen only 30% of the time because of cloud-cover. We were quite lucky, we had a 16 hour window with almost no clouds. BTW, this was our view from our campsite.:p

True wilderness is an understatement when it comes to Denali. Cars are not allowed into the park, except the first 15 miles. The next 70+ miles are by National Park bus on a gravel road. They even limit the number of buses per day. The park is only open 4 months out of the year. The other 8 months, people are allowed, but only on foot or dog-sled. Even the Rangers are not allowed to use motorized vehicles on the ground in the winter. They patrol by plane or dog-sled. I have never been to anywhere more wild and more of a frontier. This Grizzly bear decided to amble past our bus while we were headed back from our 8 hour bus ride.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Excellent pictures Jason...:-!:-!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
wow, J

totally cool pics! looks like a great trip.

scott

·
Registered
7,957 Posts

[/QUOTE]

TOTO ...... I have a feeling we're not in Bonnaire anymore :-d:-d

Have a great trip !!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts