WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well here we go again, I sure hope you boys and girls are happy, I finally folded like a lawn chair under all of your peer pressure and here she is -

A slightly worn Black Spots Frog! :O

Yeah, yeah, I know, I know, I "you know whated" and moaned about them being over priced and not really even being that usefull or used that much for their intended purpost, but when I finally found one in the "traditional" G-Shock black / color pattern, I then knew as a G-shock fan and as watch junkie that I HAD to have one! Plus I picked up on a good deal used. :)

Best part of the whole deal? I STILL talked my wife into buying me the Casio MDV102-1AV Dual LED Dive Watch that I wanted too for my birthday this past Sat! Only probelm is it did make it hear yet. :(

But hey, not bad huh? TWO dive watches in a couple of days time, and one of them is a Frog to boot ! :)

Happy Boy! :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, yeah mine too, I was glad that I held out to get one I really wanted color wise, and then on top of that too got a pretty good deal on it even though it does show some slight wear.

BTW, if anyone is curious, this IS the same Black Spots Frog that was of "much discussion" a while back here. Watch is in GREAT shape and functions perfect for what little wear it does have, but for the price paid I am MORE than happy with it. :)

Funny thing is I figured out at this point w/ everywhere I know this little Frog has been and who HERE has owned it at this point, I figure it's got to have about 24,000 miles on it at this point (more milage than I have on my current two year old truck at this point! Ha! :)), and has been at least almost all the way around if not ALL the way around the world at this point! :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone know how or where I can get a new strap and bezel for this so I can "refurb" it? The paint is starting to fade a little on the lettering, strap is showing more signs of wear than I'd like to have on a watch this value range, and I don't have the "stones" :) to be brave enough to be willing to try touching up the paint on this one. :)

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
A new strap and bezel would be impossible to get from Casio since this is long discontinued, so you would have to keep an eye on eBay or Yahoo Japan auctions, I expect. However, the price would probably be $100+ for the set even in used condition, so I doubt you'll go for that ;-)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A new strap and bezel would be impossible to get from Casio since this is long discontinued, so you would have to keep an eye on eBay or Yahoo Japan auctions, I expect. However, the price would probably be $100+ for the set even in used condition, so I doubt you'll go for that ;-)

Anything "close" to it so I could at least have a band and bezel to wear it w/ I won't mind getting worn and torn?

Thanks -

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Anything "close" to it so I could at least have a band and bezel to wear it w/ I won't mind getting worn and torn?

Thanks -
Try tiktox.com they have replacement sets for the GW-200`s not the Black Spots, the newer issues Dawn Black & Master Blue etc

Q-6

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I would keep wearing it as is. Bezels and bands will still deteriorate unused, the main difference being you protect it from bashes and chemicals, but it's not too hard to do that wearing it, just by regular cleaning off sweat etc.

If the lettering wears off, you can easily apply some similar coloured model paint to it as explained in the How To section here.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Welcome to the Club Frog :-!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Need to add it to your autosig now! :-!

Thanks guys. :)

I'm going to, I'm just waiting for my MDV102-1AV Dive Watch wife ordered me for my birthday that has not shown up yet to get here.

Not to bad last week, scored the Frog, the
MDV102-1AV my wife ordered me, and a brand new Glock G30 SF. :O

I'm special, my mommy tells me so. :) Hahahahahahahaah! J/K :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts