WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we count down to November, has anyone further confirmed Fr. John's input here a few weeks ago, that Omega MSRPs will indeed increase :-( on November 1st? If so, any idea of the magnitude of the increase?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Price hike!!!!!???? :-(

Shoot....I hope not. I am going to be purchasing a PO for myself as possibly a Christmas gift to myself at the end of the year. I hope they are not going to be increasing prices.

Eather way, I will be getting PO Chrono, I just have been lusting over that bad boy for too long. :)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
oh no ... :-(

·
Registered
795 Posts
No. I just talked to the forum's favorite AD today and he mentioned that although the price increase went into effect in Europe, Omega has decided to delay the increase in the U.S. until after year end.

Although typically there may be a 2-week lead time from when Omega sends the AD notice to when the price increase is effective, I've been told it could be as little as one weekend.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No. I just talked to the forum's favorite AD today and he mentioned that although the price increase went into effect in Europe, Omega has decided to delay the increase in the U.S. until after year end.

Although typically there may be a 2-week lead time from when Omega sends the AD notice to when the price increase is effective, I've been told it could be as little as one weekend.
Thanks for that, Watchdog. You're living up to your screen name. :)

I've avoided calling the favorite AD as I felt that he needed lots of time to complete his move. Hopefully that's over now.

The news that we're off the hook until after the holidays is great. Maybe I can work that desired SpMP Moonwatch in before year's end, now. That puppy will end my immediate 'needs' :-d for Omega and allow me to save up some of our S/S income for my grail watch which is the Lange1 Timezone. So, if my proposed adoption by the Moose brothers doesn't eventuate, that means if I save $1,000 per month, I'll be ready for the grail in some 30 years. Not bad...I'll be 102 then, but hey, my mom made 100 plus a few months! Heck, I'm almost there! :-!

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Fact of life.....

I've avoided calling the favorite AD as I felt that he needed lots of time to complete his move. Hopefully that's over now.

The news that we're off the hook until after the holidays is great. Maybe I can work that desired SpMP Moonwatch in before year's end, now. That puppy will end my immediate 'needs' :-d for Omega and allow me to save up some of our S/S income for my grail watch which is the Lange1 Timezone. So, if my proposed adoption by the Moose brothers doesn't eventuate, that means if I save $1,000 per month, I'll be ready for the grail in some 30 years. Not bad...I'll be 102 then, but hey, my mom made 100 plus a few months! Heck, I'm almost there! :-!

What we really need is another AD to drop Omega and no one but all of us know about it. We could all scoop up some steal deals. I really wish someone would PM me the favorite AD. I been looking for a Snoopy for
about 2 years. I really need on for my collection. If I could get Beamon to get one along with the Lange, I'll put him on the adoption list. I figure if he gets one by the time he is 102............Hell, he is almost there now or at the least its right around the corner. I like old folks too, most of them got money cause they don't have anything to spend it on. I'm gonna help Roger manage his funds. By the way Roger, my brothers a hard nose and will have you mowing grass if you ain't careful, he also marks the VO bottles so no one can have a drink without him, if you do, he will browbeat you.
Getting back to the subject.......price increases are a fact of life. The increases come from Omegas suppiers and subcontractors as wages
go up and raw materials increase in cost. We see it in the concrete buisness every few months. Concrete per cubic yard 5 years ago was
around $55 per and now its $105.00 as of this morning. Its based on the
price of trucking rock, sand, fly ash and portland cement. That fuel bill
is tremendous. I don't like it but I understand it.
jim

·
Registered
41,768 Posts
Price increases are usually 8-10%, some models more and others; zip.
With the Dollar allmost in free-fall, that may change somewhat, but the ADs will take it in the shorts also.

·
Registered
109 Posts
ADs are dropping like flies in my area. I've been trying to find different sizes to try out and it's been just about impossible to find a decent selection around here. 2 out of the 3 local ADs dropped Omega. Unfortunately one had nothing left and the other had a very small collection. I even asked if they would ship, just for you guys, but sorry, the answer was no. Plus, the discount was only 30%, not 50.

·
Registered
795 Posts

Not a problem beamon. I think the delay in the price hike is good news for everyone, including our AD as I'm sure more buyers who haven't quite saved up enough for their coveted timepiece by Nov. 1 now have an extra 2 months to do so...just in time for the holidays. I wish for a Speedy Pro moonwatch too, but having picked up my black SMP earlier this year from our favorite AD and two more Omega's off the Bay, I may be restricted from doing so...we'll see.

Fine looking timepiece that Lange 1 Timezone, but at that price, I rather buy a car, but thats just me. :)

·
Registered
8,410 Posts
Re: Fact of life.....

Getting back to the subject.......price increases are a fact of life. The increases come from Omegas suppiers and subcontractors as wages
go up and raw materials increase in cost. We see it in the concrete buisness every few months. Concrete per cubic yard 5 years ago was
around $55 per and now its $105.00 as of this morning. Its based on the
price of trucking rock, sand, fly ash and portland cement. That fuel bill
is tremendous. I don't like it but I understand it.
jim
All the U.S. concrete and steel is going to China to supply the building boom going on there.
Fossil fuel, well... it ain't gonna get better. Days of cheap gas are long gone.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fine looking timepiece that Lange 1 Timezone, but at that price, I rather buy a car, but thats just me. :)
Truth be known, so would I. Only if money were no object would I spend that many bucks for a watch. Since money will always be an object in our life, the Lange1 Timezone will remain a dream. :) But dreams are nice! I have 'em every night.

·
Registered
147 Posts
... I've avoided calling the favorite AD as I felt that he needed lots of time to complete his move. Hopefully that's over now.
Afraid that isn't the case. I was in his town on Friday, last week. Had a few ticks to kill and gave him a call to see if I could stop by. No go. He is still in the process of moving. Just got his telephones last week. Watches are not on site as of yet.

About a week earlier, I asked him about the price increase and he said on some watches it might be $100-$150 increase. Others... nothing. He said it would occur in November though. I hope the information provided by Watchdog is true. That said, I am getting a watch(es) for the Holiday... regardless of price... o|

·
Registered
595 Posts
Is the price increase now confirmed for January? I just viewed a sales post for an Aqua Terra on TZ and this seller claimed that the price will be going up next month.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Is the price increase now confirmed for January? I just viewed a sales post for an Aqua Terra on TZ and this seller claimed that the price will be going up next month.
When I talked to the AD in late November I seem to recall he was expecting it just after the first of the year.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Our favortie AD said January 1 is the date!

The increases are not equal (no %) across the board but will vary by model - anywhere from $5 to $250 or so.

Fr. John+

·
Registered
595 Posts
Thanks guys for the confirmation. This means that my fiance will be purchasing my Aqua Terra this week :-!. Too bad it won't be on my wrist until July :-( - it's my wedding gift from her.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts