WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Case: Multi-piece bronze case, unidirectional rotating bronze bezel with three-dimensional diving timescale
Diameter: 40 mm
Dial: Blue
Strap: Woven blue elastic nylon textile strap with bronze buckle
WR: 100 m
Movement: Oris Calibre 401
Power Reserve: 5 Days / 120 Hours
EUR 3,700 – Limited to 2000 pieces

More Details: Oris Carl Brashear Cal. 401 Limited Edition - Swisswatches Magazine

I like it very much, both aesthetically and in terms of size. The only thing that bothers me is the "busy" small second display. I would have preferred a cleaner dial

·
Registered
90 Posts
Would have liked a see-through case back - it's not as if this watch is built for serious diving in mind and the movement is magnetic resistant anyway. Looks great though

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would have liked a see-through case back - it's not as if this watch is built for serious diving in mind and the movement is magnetic resistant anyway. Looks great though
Is it really exciting to show Oris calibre? It's not a chrono or anything like that. I think the story is better conveyed on the solid case back.

·
Premium Member
6,791 Posts
It's a nice looking diver. So far, they have used the new calibre 400 series with their limited editions. My question is whether not the pricing with these two limited editions featuring the calibre 400 series will be reflective when it comes to the pricing with the nonlimited editions featuring the calibre 400 series going forward.

·
Premium Member
33,466 Posts
Very nice. I like it.

Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Overpriced IMO.
BB58 beats this hands down in my book.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I don't love the 65 in general, but this is a beautiful watch. I'm more excited that the use of the 40x movement is expanding.

Also impressed that Erika's got the nod as the strap maker for this release. I'm not aware that she's collaborated with any other watchmakers in this way yet. Good for her.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Pretty. The small seconds is a little unconventional for a diver, but let’s be honest, it’s more for fun, yeah? And I dig small seconds. Handset looks good too!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts