WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went down to the retailer to pick up this muddie for S$90, and am wearing it now at the office. Definitely a weekend watch for me, as the colours clashed with my office attire.

I left my G-056 in the car, which is parked under direct sunshine, did not want to leave the muddie in high temperature.

Looking at the strap, there is light/dark green running through it, to me it looks a bit like dog vomit, no kidding.:think:

Still love it, though, and it now completes my muddie group, with the exception of the 25th dawn mudman.

Here's a stock picture just because....

I'll get some real pics up soon. :) Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
678 Posts
I went down to the retailer to pick up this muddie for S$90, and am wearing it now at the office. Definitely a weekend watch for me, as the colours clashed with my office attire.

I left my G-056 in the car, which is parked under direct sunshine, did not want to leave the muddie in high temperature.

Looking at the strap, there is light/dark green running through it, to me it looks a bit like dog vomit, no kidding.:think:

Still love it, though, and it now completes my muddie group, with the exception of the 25th dawn mudman.

Here's a stock picture just because....

I'll get some real pics up soon. :) Thanks!

that's the problem in Singapore... not the heat but with some effort, you can quite easily source for G-shocks ;-) always there to tempt you....

anyway, if you're talking about color clashing.. i've got a red DW-003 on now from a trade... good thing i always leave a 'serious' watch in drawers in case i've to meet customers :)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's the problem in Singapore... not the heat but with some effort, you can quite easily source for G-shocks ;-) always there to tempt you....

anyway, if you're talking about color clashing.. i've got a red DW-003 on now from a trade... good thing i always leave a 'serious' watch in drawers in case i've to meet customers :)

That's true, and being located within reasonable distance from retailers is always tempting.

You must have your own office room, at least you can lock up the drawers or door when you go for meetings. I once had an skx 007 go missing from my drawer, I left it there as I was planning to bring it for a bezel change at Seiko. Its still missing, so lesson learnt. :-|

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hey Pat, didn't you say you didn't want to get the green camo Mudman because it looked too "army"? :-d

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Pat, didn't you say you didn't want to get the green camo Mudman because it looked too "army"? :-d
After the TLC, all mudman Gs have been in my good books. I'll probably display it next to my son's toy soldiers, he'll like the colour scheme....

·
Registered
678 Posts
That's true, and being located within reasonable distance from retailers is always tempting.

You must have your own office room, at least you can lock up the drawers or door when you go for meetings. I once had an skx 007 go missing from my drawer, I left it there as I was planning to bring it for a bezel change at Seiko. Its still missing, so lesson learnt. :-|
in a cubicle space with a locked drawer... some bastar* must have seen you put it in... inside job I say.. :think:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
in a cubicle space with a locked drawer... some bastar* must have seen you put it in... inside job I say.. :think:

You're lucky, mine's an open concept office, when pens, paper clips go missing its all good, but when a personal item is taken....:-|

So if you come across any skx 007 diver with a badly dented bezel for sale on any forum, that be mine, well its all water under the bridge now.

I let it slide, but whoever wears that, may he/she get permanent rashes on the wrist, and not being able to get any hot dates! LOL:-d There, now I've said it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Ultraman, is it possible to bargain down the price at bencoolen? Or all the prices in the shops are fixed?

Still it is a good price.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ultraman, is it possible to bargain down the price at bencoolen? Or all the prices in the shops are fixed?

Still it is a good price.

The prices are pretty much fixed, they may deduct a buck or two, since I'm always visiting them, they pretty much know my choices. :think:

·
Registered
441 Posts
The prices are pretty much fixed, they may deduct a buck or two, since I'm always visiting them, they pretty much know my choices. :think:
Any particular shops you recommend? Or are all the same in prices and the models are what differenciate them?

·
Registered
678 Posts
agree... same experience... won't budge more than a couple of dollars as a token sum... having said that, i've not come across prices lower than Bencoolen

·
Registered
441 Posts
agree... same experience... won't budge more than a couple of dollars as a token sum... having said that, i've not come across prices lower than Bencoolen
I was wondering about Thailand where the watches are made? And Hong Kong which is also famous for being a watch center or also have many avid collectors of watches.

Though I have heard even in our little 56Km squares (original size) The Seiko factory is producing some models of Seiko automatic divers (actually only 1 model :), but there could be more, at least it is a respectable but lower mid range one). And some other company located in Suntec or in town are busy assemblying watches with swiss movements but our own boxes. And you guessed it that is also an automatic diver.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was wondering about Thailand where the watches are made? And Hong Kong which is also famous for being a watch center or also have many avid collectors of watches.

Though I have heard even in our little 56Km squares (original size) The Seiko factory is producing some models of Seiko automatic divers (actually only 1 model :), but there could be more, at least it is a respectable but lower mid range one). And some other company located in Suntec or in town are busy assemblying watches with swiss movements but our own boxes. And you guessed it that is also an automatic diver.

If I recall correctly, the stock Seiko 7s26 movements are/were made in Singapore, and then packed for Hong Kong where the final assembly (case, bezel etc) is done for the divers. Good calibre too, very workhorse.

I'm not too sure about the company in Suntec, I'll ask around. Kinda posh place to assemble watches too. :)

·
Registered
765 Posts
I must start going to the shops at Bencoolen and ask "Have you seen a guy who has been regularly buying Mudmans?" :-d

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
GREEN CAMO :-!:-!:-!. Great choice, I love the amber display on mine and the strap is probably one of the most comfortable that Casio has on their watches.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Hey UltraMudManPat, yeow, that is so cool. So happy you've got them all except the black dawn. The lowest I've seen for that is $165, do you think it'll go lower? That camo will look smart in N0.4 uniform ya, that is if you still have reservist, ha ha ha. Congrats bro, but trust me, the collecting bug will not STOP, argh!!!:-!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GREEN CAMO :-!:-!:-!. Great choice, I love the amber display on mine and the strap is probably one of the most comfortable that Casio has on their watches.

Nice pic, Brian :-! The green camo is a unique piece, the tones are not like other green camo G-Shocks.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey UltraMudManPat, yeow, that is so cool. So happy you've got them all except the black dawn. The lowest I've seen for that is $165, do you think it'll go lower? That camo will look smart in N0.4 uniform ya, that is if you still have reservist, ha ha ha. Congrats bro, but trust me, the collecting bug will not STOP, argh!!!:-!

Well I guess MudmanPat would sound a bit odd.:-d

Anyway, I received a letter from the Govt last month, my reservist period is finally over. |>|>|> and one more |>!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts