·
Premium Member
8,677 Posts
There is only one word for it

Pimping

·
Registered
18,243 Posts
No reason it can't be made by any other company, either. There are $50 bracelets out there which look the same and are made expressly for the AW, special lugs included.

·
Registered
11,587 Posts
A sort of poor mans reverso.
Emphasis on sort of with a $9300 price tag.

I can think of hundreds of watches I'd rather buy at or below $9300. This just looks like a lame attempt to ride the coattails of Apple.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I like the idea. But a few problems with this implementation:

1. I'm not interested in paying $9000 for it.
2. I'm not interested in an Apple watch. Would prefer an Android-based device, or enough flexibility to allow for different types of "smart" watch heads.
3. It would need to not add much bulk, so the "smart" watch head would need to be thin.
4. They'd need to include a standard bracelet so that the "smart" watch head could be removed if desired.

Better yet would be a "smart" strap (made from silicone or other synthetic material?) that uses the entire surface of the strap as a touch-sensitive display. Give it standard lugs so it could be used with any watch. We're probably a "few" years away from seeing this... :)

·
Banned
5,307 Posts
I seriously want to do this. Just need to make the custom straps.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
I'd dig this. A smart watch on the inside, my regular watch on the outside.

The challenge would be ensuring that the smart watch insert can work with different watches and straps. Perhaps a system of mounts, allowing you to pair your smart watch with any of your watches?

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
I'd dig this. A smart watch on the inside, my regular watch on the outside.

The challenge would be ensuring that the smart watch insert can work with different watches and straps. Perhaps a system of mounts, allowing you to pair your smart watch with any of your watches?
That would be difficult as the smart watch should be against the skin. The mounts would need to be on either side of the watch, placing it "beside", if you will. So you'd essentially be back to wearing two watches.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
What's the big deal? Here's my poor man's GMT on a special GMT strap (others call it a NATO)
IMG_3038.JPG IMG_3037.JPG IMG_3036.JPG

·
Registered
150 Posts
I can only look at the scratches on the clasps of all of my watches, except the tegimented Sinn and thing that the face of the Apple watch will take one heck of a beating.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts