WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
5121 - 5140 of 6628 Posts

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
You want to take a video of yourself begging and crying and holding your breath until your face turns blue and your wife relents AND finance the video? Somehow, I don't think it's going to be a moneymaker unless Doc buys it and posts it on his website as an example of how good his watches are. ;->

If you post a good video, I may help you finance

·
Registered
35,457 Posts
You want to take a video of yourself begging and crying and holding your breath until your face turns blue and your wife relents AND finance the video? Somehow, I don't think it's going to be a moneymaker unless Doc buys it and posts it on his website as an example of how good his watches are. ;->
Well, in reality, I buy as as many nth's as I want. She retaliates by buying coats and cookware or whatever. We settle it all in divorce court or reminisce about it in our old age

·
Registered
287 Posts
You must not have a wife and kids.

It means being able to move my bowels and get a shower without anyone banging on the door to ask me anything, including when I'll be getting out of the bathroom, having to come out to break up a fight between my idiot sons, or having to yell down the stairs to tell either idiot to let the dog in.

I swear to God, they put her out, then they just leave her out there. Like, am I the only one who hears her barking? If you put the dog out, don't sit back down to play a video game, with headphones on, and forget you left the dog outside in the midst of a heatwave.

WTF?
This times infinity, and I'm not even married. Replace sons with idiot brother and absent minded father.

The amount of times I've heard the dog barking and then I ask does anyone hear that only to fall on deaf ears! Why the hell does everyone go deaf once they let the dog out.

Back to watches. Nth ftw and get them while you can!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Dog outside in the heat -- poor dog but aside from that, have the skies fallen now that the $25 increase has come into effect?
$475 + $15 s&h= $490 (for the one I ordered). Ouch. I paid a lot less.

And yet, they will still sell, because they are awesome.

·
Premium Member
14,701 Posts
This times infinity, and I'm not even married. Replace sons with idiot brother and absent minded father.

The amount of times I've heard the dog barking and then I ask does anyone hear that only to fall on deaf ears! Why the hell does everyone go deaf once they let the dog out.

Back to watches. Nth ftw and get them while you can!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's called "Selective Hearing", or as my Mom called it when I was a youngster, "Mother Deaf". My kids have the "Father Deaf" version and I myself went from "Mother Deaf" to "Wife Deaf". Wife Deaf has been an acute disease I've had now for going on 15 years. Mother Deaf still rings in when she is visiting though.

·
Premium Member
14,701 Posts
You must not have a wife and kids.

It means being able to move my bowels and get a shower without anyone banging on the door to ask me anything, including when I'll be getting out of the bathroom, having to come out to break up a fight between my idiot sons, or having to yell down the stairs to tell either idiot to let the dog in.

I swear to God, they put her out, then they just leave her out there. Like, am I the only one who hears her barking? If you put the dog out, don't sit back down to play a video game, with headphones on, and forget you left the dog outside in the midst of a heatwave.

WTF?
Amen Brother.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Just show me pictures of the Oberon and the Nacken and I start drooling uncontrollably.

Pavlov would be proud of Doc Vail.
"Classical conditioning (also known as Pavlovian or respondent conditioning) refers to a learning procedure in which a biologically potent stimulus (e.g. food) is paired with a previously neutral stimulus (e.g. a bell)."

I am struggling with your analogy. :)

But I must admit, Doc Vail's conditioning is potent.

5121 - 5140 of 6628 Posts