WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stumbled upon a thread covering mesh bracelets for SMPs... one guy posted a vid allegedly recorded in the OB Warsaw showing the NTTD bracelet in STEEL!
Does anyone here know more about this topic?

TIA!

Cheers,
Michael

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
Lately: Omega Seamaster Professional Divers 300
4,675 Posts
Yes. Available through AD'S in small medium and large sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: paulie8777

·
Registered
174 Posts
I ordered on this week from my OB.

Below is the part number I pulled from a video and sent to my OB to order. They said the number was accurate and it worked (they were a bit surprised b/c they hadn’t heard about the bracelet).

Omega Part Number: 020STZ015691

Price: $720

As a side note, I believe the Staib company produces these (both titanium and steel) bracelets for Omega. I was tempted to go non OEM, but I wanted it to be as close to the NTTD Milanese titanium bracelet’s look and feel so I opted for the OEM.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great information
Thanks a lot to all!

Cheers,
Michael

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts

Below is the part number I pulled from a video and sent to my OB to order. They said the number was accurate and it worked (they were a bit surprised b/c they hadn’t heard about the bracelet).

As a side note, I believe the Staib company produces these (both titanium and steel) bracelets for Omega. I was tempted to go non OEM, but I wanted it to be as close to the NTTD Milanese titanium bracelet’s look and feel so I opted for the OEM.

Hope this helps.
Was this the "standard" size? This is interesting, I'd actually just ordered some aliexpress steel ones as I had no idea this existed. Same reasoning, wanted to save the oem titanium mesh and it also came in with a few scuffs, so wanted to pic up one more "screen accurate"

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Curious to see photos of this on the watch. There would be a contrast between the case and bracelet wouldn’t there? Unless the bracelet has a coating to tame the steel to match the titanium. Is there an all steel variant of the NTTD on the way?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is the clasp the same as the no time to die version? I absolutely love the look, but after spending a bit of time trying to get the sit comfortably on my wrist i gave up.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Was this the "standard" size? This is interesting, I'd actually just ordered some aliexpress steel ones as I had no idea this existed. Same reasoning, wanted to save the oem titanium mesh and it also came in with a few scuffs, so wanted to pic up one more "screen accurate"
I’m not 100% sure on size, I would imagine it was the standard size that they ordered as that is what they’ve always done for other strap options I’ve ordered from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,071 Posts
Just FYI, if the steel version is anything like the Ti version, you may have issues if your size is on the fourth hole from the tightest. It collides with the edge of the clasp and jams up. Scratches it too. If you force it out, whether intentionally or just casually removing it, it actually pops open the part that latches onto the holes thereby leaving a possibility of the entire watch falling off your wrist. I'm pretty sure this wasn't a problem in the original design (as seen in the 007 movie), but shortly after production, they had to reinforce the part that holds the spring bar including on the clasp end which moved everything out a few millimeters. Pics below.

As for comfort, this is not like any other mesh bracelet I've experienced. This bracelet is built with a very tight tolerance. It's quality stuff, but it makes it very, very stiff, making it lose the characteristic floppy but conforming feeling of a traditional mesh bracelet. You can't even twist it.

I really recommend those who are planning to buy this try on the Ti version on the NTTD watch if your AD has it before buying. Or consider getting the short/long versions (regular size pictured).

Hand Arm Finger Wrist Jewellery

Jewellery Wrist Art Strap Feather

Helmet Hood Bicycle part Silver Strap

Microphone Grille Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just FYI, if the steel version is anything like the Ti version, you may have issues if your size is on the fourth hole from the tightest. It collides with the edge of the clasp and jams up. Scratches it too. If you force it out, whether intentionally or just casually removing it, it actually pops open the part that latches onto the holes thereby leaving a possibility of the entire watch falling off your wrist. I'm pretty sure this wasn't a problem in the original design (as seen in the 007 movie), but shortly after production, they had to reinforce the part that holds the spring bar including on the clasp end which moved everything out a few millimeters. Pics below.

As for comfort, this is not like any other mesh bracelet I've experienced. This bracelet is built with a very tight tolerance. It's quality stuff, but it makes it very, very stiff, making it lose the characteristic floppy but conforming feeling of a traditional mesh bracelet. You can't even twist it.

I really recommend those who are planning to buy this try on the Ti version on the NTTD watch if your AD has it before buying. Or consider getting the short/long versions (regular size pictured).

View attachment 16364856

View attachment 16364858

View attachment 16364857

View attachment 16364859
This is good to know, thank you! What is your wrist size?

·
Registered
166 Posts

Mine actually did this, picked it up last weekend. I ended up on the 3rd hole, it's slightly looser but not bad at all. Thinking about going in tomorrow and asking about either buying another bracelet in standard to keep unmolested, or maybe another in small. Wondering what the price on a titanium bracelet replacement is?

·
Premium Member
8,071 Posts
This is good to know, thank you! What is your wrist size?
Around 7"ish
Mine actually did this, picked it up last weekend. I ended up on the 3rd hole, it's slightly looser but not bad at all. Thinking about going in tomorrow and asking about either buying another bracelet in standard to keep unmolested, or maybe another in small. Wondering what the price on a titanium bracelet replacement is?
I remember asking about a different Ti Seamaster bracelet and that was around $1200, so around that too I guess

·
Registered
980 Posts
Curious to see photos of this on the watch. There would be a contrast between the case and bracelet wouldn’t there? Unless the bracelet has a coating to tame the steel to match the titanium. Is there an all steel variant of the NTTD on the way?
I don’t think the intent is for it to be paired with the NTTD. It’s a steel version to be used on steel watches.

·
Registered
391 Posts

View attachment 16364856

View attachment 16364858

View attachment 16364857

View attachment 16364859
Interesting. I'm on the 4th hole as well, but haven't encountered any issues so far with the latch. Then again, I'm not pressing it on anything with any regularity.

·
Premium Member
8,071 Posts
Interesting. I'm on the 4th hole as well, but haven't encountered any issues so far with the latch. Then again, I'm not pressing it on anything with any regularity.
I take it off normally and it catches on.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had mine literally do it the first time I tried it on, and hasn't done it since. 4th hole it's tight not not too tight, 3rd hole it's loose but not too lose. I had to reach in and press it away to let the clasp swing fully open. It marked the very end of the bracelet where it has omega printed in it just like 6R15 said. Chatted on the omega site chat, got a number to call about the stainless bracelet. The rep on the chat said it was in the works, so sounds like it's literally brand new just as stated. I may call the number when I get a minute free, then head into the local AD tomorrow. May just order a spare titanium, not sure yet. Feel like this is going to be a stainless so they can sell them for the standard models, kind of exactly what I was wanting to do before I pulled the trigger on the NTTD.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Hope this helps.
I was also considering a Staib but the pattern/texture of the mesh was different enough from the NTTD that it was noticeable.

For those who are interested in the Steel short, here is the part number:

REF 020STZ015683

·
Registered
Lately: Omega Seamaster Professional Divers 300
4,675 Posts

Hope this helps.
I believe that Staib are not allowed to sell a version and their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 38 Posts