WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone comment on the durability of the grade 2 titanium? Can it be refinished if you were to acquire the normal dings/dents throughout daily wear? I only ask because I believe the Tudor Pelagos (which is grade 5) cannot be refinished by Tudor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,553 Posts
I’m pretty sure Omega can refinish it at service (phone your local Omega service centre to confirm) but part of the charm of the NTTD is that it will look better with a worn look and after the dial and bezel insert have faded over time.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
The Pelagos can be refinished by Tudor. They cant work miracles of course but general scuffs can be polished out. My AD took a couple of scratches out for me. Cant see why Omega couldnt refinish the case if required.

·
Registered
9,395 Posts
The Pelagos can be refinished by Tudor. They cant work miracles of course but general scuffs can be polished out. My AD took a couple of scratches out for me. Cant see why Omega couldnt refinish the case if required.
+1. Also, I thought Pelagos was grade 2.

·
Registered
9,395 Posts
It may be. I could be wrong, thought I read some where years ago it was grade 5. Maybe someone can confirm or deny this with hard evidence haha

I don't think Tudor has publicly disclosed the Ti grade, though it's generally accepted to be grade 2. Regardless, all grades can be refinished, it was finished in the first place after all. A deep ding won't be able to be removed, at least not without serious deformation of the case, that's true with any case material, but surface scratches are a piece of cake for any competent manufacturer.

·
Registered
14,800 Posts
+1. Also, I thought Pelagos was grade 2.
It may be. I could be wrong, thought I read some where years ago it was grade 5. Maybe someone can confirm or deny this with hard evidence haha
Former Pelagos owner here. On a slow work day a few years back, I called the Rolex Service Center in Dallas and was told it is grade 2, which also matches my experience. The good news is, Titanium oxidizes and 'heals' itself over time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts