WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Barring any unseen circumstances, we'll be there:-!

Of course, first we have to bring in my daughters 110 inch blinds, sticking out the sunroof of the SUV,:roll:
Hope I make it through the tunnel without incident:oops:, and that the weather is good.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
What? Nobody posted yet?
Had a great time with at the O7 GTG. Got to meet the Don and his Consigliere. Great people. Saw the LM6 (looks great with that yellow dial) and the LM2 Chrono (great, hefty watch). Nice give-a-ways, great raffle.
Also got to handle some beautiful watches due to the generosity of capos Bill, Rich and a couple others.
Fantastic collections, Bill and Rich!
Everyone in attendance was interesting and entertaining, and it's nice to put faces to names. Very informative for me.
This foot soldier was glad he attended and looks forward to future GTG's.
Thanks to Brad for arranging everything (and I got the Rao's reservations!)

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
GTG report

nice GTG...this was my first ever actually. wasn't able to attend the last couple of annual autumn TZ GTG's because of scheduling issues. i actually prefer small ones like this; smaller group = better interaction and easier communication during discussions.

it was great meeting everyone - Mitch, Bill, Brad, DF, Rick, Ken, etc...wasn't able spend much time at the far end of the table where Cole and the others were at, to talk. the seating was a little restrictive to free movement...

personally, Rick might have been the smartest guy there as he spent a good amount of time in the company of the charming ladies who attended - Lynn/Linda (? - please correct me Mitch), Ann, YS, etc. ;-)

We got to see the LM-6 chrono (superb case), the LM-2 chrono really caught Bill's attention and did not disappoint, the LM-6 American case, the dials on the LM-7, and the rest of the Ocean7 model lineup.

i didn't get to see a lm-6 orange dial...not sure if Mitch had brought one. i asked him about it but things were a little crazy at times because watches were being passed around (sometimes over each others out-stretched arms) amid multiple conversations going on all at once. :-d

i'm having problems putting faces to names: the gentleman who wore the GP seahawk...sorry, but I don't recall your moniker here on WUS. what was it again? :)

Brad did a great job making the arrangements and communicating to the attendees, kudoes to him! b-) he did take some pictures (i think one or two others took some shots) and i'm sure he'll post them when he has some spare time (and after extensive photoshop time on the ones with his mug. just kidding... ;-))

:thanks to Mitch on making the trip up, putting up the giveaway and the souvenirs.

What? Nobody posted yet?
Had a great time with at the O7 GTG. Got to meet the Don and his Consigliere. Great people. Saw the LM6 (looks great with that yellow dial) and the LM2 Chrono (great, hefty watch). Nice give-a-ways, great raffle.
Also got to handle some beautiful watches due to the generosity of capos Bill, Rich and a couple others.
Fantastic collections, Bill and Rich!
Everyone in attendance was interesting and entertaining, and it's nice to put faces to names. Very informative for me.
This foot soldier was glad he attended and looks forward to future GTG's.
Thanks to Brad for arranging everything (and I got the Rao's reservations!)

·
Registered
592 Posts
It was wonderful meeting Mitch and his lovely wife. It was great to spend a couple of hours talking watches with the like minded group of people, eating good food and drinking good wine (Thank you, Brad!)

And let me tell you, after seeing and handling the O7 lineup, no photo I've seen yet really does those watches justice.

Here are a couple quick and dirty ones I took (please excuse the wine stains and sesame seeds - it is after all a restaurant table in the midst of dinner:))

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Yan, great shots!
Denizen, that was my Seahawk.
Glad I got to see a Rasmus in the steel, too.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I got plenty of shots to share. A great time was had by all! It was a blast.

I didnt want to look like the papparazi in a nice place, but I manged a few shots of the people, the watches, and the atmosphere.

Here are some great wrist shots:

The Rasmus ( I really like how this shot came out. I took it from the other side of the table, maybe 14 feet away.)

Panerai( I wonder who is wearing that whacky shirt???)

Me with the holy PolProf (W.C. Bartlett's) I'm a little blush here, must be all that great wine being passed around.

Some of Mitch's Sample cases and one-off peices:

Even though I'm not crazy about the LM7 (heresy, I know) the dial colors were very vibrant and unique. Props for that.

Fellow WIS's:

(thats scoope)
(You all know this guy...)
The lucky winner-congrats!

I didnt get many shots of happenings that werent at my end of the table, but a good number of you are in there!

Also, Mitch- If you want me to take down the sample case photos, lmk. I understand if it's sensitive information regarding design and all. Or if anyone feels uncomforatable with thier pic up, just let me know.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Great pictures Col! I had a great time last night, really enjoyed talking with you and Anne and others (sorry I'm not great with names).

It was a treat to see some "rare watches" (PloProf and DN to mention two).

Mitch was generous and everyone got a little something to go! Thanks Mitch it was also a pleasure to meet you!

Finally and seeing the LM-6C case only cemented the desire for one when they become available.

Thanks to Brad for organizing the whole shebang! :-!

Cheers

Simon

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
I'm still disappointed that the GT was going on an hour after I left Newark Airport.o| I tried some airline and hotel maneuvering while I was in New York Thursday but without any success. I'll try to catch the next one.

P.S. New York is like New Orleans X 1000.

Todd

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I would like to thank Mitch and Lynn for coming to NYC with goodies and Brad for hosting a great time.

I had a blast, even though I did not eat or drink (silly non drinking vegan) it is nice to put names to faces and watches. Seeing all those fine timepieces and meeting everyone was enough for me. To be able to handle some rare watches was shear pleasure.

Look forward tio next GTG.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts