WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
9K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  zippofan 
#1 ·
Finally made a decision on which Ollech and Wajs too take.

I came in contact with this brand looking for a specific mil-type watch, the M65. However as that seems no longer available, I started looking at the other types of O&W and this Cobra got my attention :p

In view of the good references of Howard Marx, I've ordered it at Westcoastime and within only a few days it arrived in Holland b-)

But here's what counts.... PICTURES ;-)

It came on a solid bracelet, but the perlon seems to give it a more military feel....

The saphire is slightly domed....

And the lume is not the best, but still the colours make up for it ;-)

See less See more
#8 ·
That's a very nice watch, considering getting an O&W myself!

If I may ask, where did you get the woven strap? I've been looking for a similar one for a while but haven't had any luck so far...

Cheers
Marin
I found them at a local shop, but if you type in "perlon Rios" in google, you'll get plenty results (for example http://www.uhrenarmband-versand.de/Uhrenbandversand-p12974h591s593-Uhrenarmband-20mm-sc.html)

I started to wear them because of my CWC's. Those have a 19 mm lug, so a standard nato always leaves a space. A 18 mm woven perlon fils this exactly.

Additional advantages of this strap, it:
- does not have the "blob" on the side like a nato
- does not schrink in the wash
- is cheaper than a nato (and even that's already cheap :-d)

As I like them so much, they are on most of my watches

#11 ·
nice pics! i have been thinking about getting this one for a long while. hopefully will get it soon, even though it would be still nicer with tritium tubes, at least in the hands. the dial doesn't lend itself to much modifications, but tawatec has a model with the very same hour and minute hands only with tritium tubes. wonder if Mr. Wajs would do that (sure he could:D). congrats, man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.