WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see Obama wearing a nice watch today but can't tell what it is. Anyone have a clue?

I noticed he's left handed and wears it on his left hand.....same as me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I did some research and it said that Obama only wore two watches during his campaign trail, a Tag Heuer 1500 series and most recently a Jorg Gray JGC6500

·
Banned
5,120 Posts
seiko?

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
The watch he was wearing today is the Jorg forget last name watch... chron. given to him by his sercret service guys on Obama's 46th b-day. You can buy it. It's got a Miyota movmnt.

·
Banned
5,120 Posts
The watch he was wearing today is the Jorg forget last name watch... chron. given to him by his sercret service guys on Obama's 46th b-day. You can buy it. It's got a Miyota movmnt.
Jorg Shauer?

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
No, it's the Jorg Gray model 6500, it's on the reply/post that RJRJRJ listed , right before your post.
It's an Asian made watch, I saw another site where the distributor will put your logo on dial, minimum orders apply. That's probably what secret service did...they were sold in co. store to secret service employees.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
No, it's the Jorg Gray model 6500, it's on the reply/post that RJRJRJ listed , right before your post.
It's an Asian made watch, I saw another site where the distributor will put your logo on dial, minimum orders apply. That's probably what secret service did...they were sold in co. store to secret service employees.
I bet it has a homing device on it...

S

·
0 Posts
You may use our search function, just type "obama". We had some posts on his watches.;-)

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's a Jorg Gray JGC6500 -- designed as an imprintable and usually only purchasable in blocks of 12 from imprinting resellers. The particular one that Obama wears has the Secret Service star logo on it and can only be purchased at the Secret Service Store, which is not accessible to the public.

Generally these are purchased for $180 each for 12 or less and require a 3-7 week lead time for custom printing. There are some sites out there selling them for $300+ and advertising a 3-7 week lead time (i.e., they're taking the money and then using it to fund the overall purchase while making the consumer wait). I've got an alternative and some further information and pictures here if you don't care about having a symbol on your watch: http://snipr.com/ak29e.

Cheers.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interesting rhollman.....that's definitely the best price I've seen for one.

S

·
0 Posts
Re: Obama Watch

Hello out there!!

Anyone that can tell what watch President Obama wears signing his first documents.

wonders

uncle Goezta
Welcome to WatchUseek and welcome to the Public Forum as well. You are not the first to ask about Obama`s watches. That's why I merged your post with a former one. Please note that we offer a forum search function (black balk). Just type "obama" and you will be lead to all those other threads. Thank you.

Another thread here: https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=225055

·
Registered
679 Posts
Obama's watch

I found this a day or two ago, I thought you watch junkies might get a thrill out of this :) -

Here's a pretty good high res picture of Obama's watch, I have a larger copy of it also, but I reduced it to this to save bandwidth.

Enjoy -

1 - 20 of 61 Posts