WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, this is my first "real" post and I have a question for those that are familiar with both of these models. I have a Suunto T6, T6c, and X10. I have had excellent customer service from Suunto, they replaced an X9i with a an X10. I am looking for an everyday watch that I will also use skiing and hiking. I like the X10 but it is really large to wear for everyday use. So I am interested in either the Observer or Core. I like the automatic baro-alti feature of the Core, I live in an area with mountains and am constantly forgetting to change the X10 from baro to alti when driving. I like the smaller size of the Observer so I am torn between the two. The prices of the Observer and Core are close enough for me that I would be willing to purchase either.

I am looking for some advice as I cannot decide at this point. The diving features of the Core would not be something I would use much.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
I have both... and an X9.

You nailed it... What you need to do is determine if that size is a trade off for the auto alti feature. If you tend to forget to adjust the watch, the Observer may not work for you. Then again, you have a BIG Suunto, maybe it would be nice to have a smaller one that would likely work with "street clothes" a bit more.

My Observer is one of my favs for office wear. I think it would go with business casual all the way to shirt and tie wear. Its a tough call, but I think you have the right decision points... size vs technology.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Yep, here is something else to chew on.... If you are always forgetting to change the alti or baro mode in the core, the Observer is going to drive you nuts... Over the years I have managed to acquire three cores, as well as the observer and an X10. If you are looking for something a little dressier, I would go with an Aluminum or Steel Core... But I wear my cores much more than my observer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts