Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've just purchased a new Black Bay 36 from someone on ebay. The watch was practically brand new with stickers, box & papers, purchased from an AD in June.

I have just today noticed a misalignment with the 11 and 1'oclock markers. The 1'oclock is placed lower than the 11. It's one of those things that once you see it, it can't be unseen. I'm trying my best not to think about it, but it's where my eye goes now every time I look at the watch. Is this something that I should contact Tudor about or would they think I am crazy?

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
The "measurement" you're taking is not really meaningful.

Verify that
  1. The index is centered on the (imaginary) ray (radial line) that runs from the pinion to the center of the 1 o'clock mark on the chapter ring (assuming we can trust the pad-printed chapter ring.)
  2. The index's center is the same distance along that ray as those of the other indices.
    Automotive lighting Automotive design Triangle Symmetry Space

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hood Automotive design Rectangle Font Automotive exterior

Yes I know it sounds a little crazy. Believe me though, once you see this, it can't be unseen. The 1'oclock is clearly lower when you look at the watch without even zooming or showing the lines for reference. This is my first luxury watch purchase, what a nightmare.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Obviously it is bothering you. At least worth taking to your AD and asking them is this fixable? At least then you have done what you can do.
The guy who I bought the watch from bought it from an AD. When you guys say "take it to your AD", can it be any AD even though I didn't purchase the watch directly from them?

1 - 20 of 151 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.