WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to pull the trigger on one of these. From everyones experience, which looks better? I actually like both of them, but only can afford to purchase at the moment. I read that the Vintage red now has a domed crystal which sounds nice but never owned a watch with the dome. Which watch would be your first choice? Any Pics? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm partial to the Vintage red, looks unique with the red inscription & all. Pic below shows good detail on the domed crystal.
1164231486O1_vinred_03.jpg

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have the Ocean 44 Black and love it. Don't own the Vintage Red but have never read a bad thing about it. I think you are good to go with either. For me the difference came down to size (44mm versus 42mm) and how you want to wear it. I think the 44 looks great on rubber and I wear it on a rubber strap. I think the VR looks great on a NATO. If you are just wearing it on the bracelet then I guess that does not matter too much.

I must say though that if you are stuck between the 44 GMT and the VR - I am not sure what is drawing you to the GMT over just the regular 44 as it doesn't appear you need the GMT function. If you want to the go with the 44, I'd skip the GMT version and save yourself $100 and put it towards your next purchase.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the pic Va812 looks great, I am steering towards the the Vintage, I think the dial layout looks classy. cuts33 I think I might go with the Vintage on a nato like you said, first I will see how it looks on the SS. I also like the ocean1 green bezel.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I personally like the Vintage Red. That's what I have.
I like the 42mm size. I like the dial without the chrome rings. They both have "red" text on the dial.
It's a matter of preference on the chrome outlined hour markers, but I thought it looked more simple without them.
I posted some pics with VR on a rubber strap.
https://www.watchuseek.com/f275/ocean-1-vintage-red-pics-530557.html

I have a black matte leather band that looks really good on it as well. Plus NATOs.
I am not a fan of C1 lume so I will not buy any more watches with C1. Unfortunately all the Ocean 1's have this lume except for Vintage red and the Ocean Black DLC. They also have a cyclops which I am not a fan of either. The 44's have BGW9 which I really like. I think BGW9 might be my new favorite lume. It doesn't shine as bright as C3, but it is much much better than C1. C3 Shines bright, but the brightness fades a little and in daylight it always has the greenish tint where as BGW9 does not.

Just thought I would add my thoughts. either way I think you will be happy with either one.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice watchgraymadder I like it alot! I think I will go with the vintage also, So the C3 lume is brighter but does not last as long correct?

·
Registered
517 Posts
C3 lume last a long time. I just think the super brightness fades pretty quick. Don't get me wrong, it is still bright and very easy to read.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Steinhart. The company doesn't have a dealer/distributor in the USA.
Hi va812, I was looking at the Steinhart website and was going to place an order , but when I do the total is still in euros? Does it have an option to convert to US dollars?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hi va812, I was looking at the Steinhart website and was going to place an order , but when I do the total is still in euros? Does it have an option to convert to US dollars?
Just go through the whole checkout process to completion. The VAT tax will be removed and PayPal will do the currency conversion for you.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just go through the whole checkout process to completion. The VAT tax will be removed and PayPal will do the currency conversion for you.
What cuts33 said |> PayPal will charge you whatever the Euro/US$ wholesale exchange rate is for the day plus 2.5% (their "fee" for processing the currency conversion).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts