WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had an alignment issue with my Ocean 39 GMT. Sent it back to Gnomon and they did a great job fixing the problem. I've had it back for just about 24 hours now and I'm noticing some idiosyncrasies with the power reserve. The watch winds normally, but sometimes I'll notice the second hand just stops randomly. It will start up again with a shake or two, just like as if it had wound down.

EDIT: I should add that I made sure it was fully wound or close too it -- hand winding it a bunch, taking it for long walks, etc.

Gnomon appeared to do a thorough job -- I got the watch sent back in new Steinhart packaging, and according to the paperwork they sent it all the way to Switzerland for water resistance testing. So I'm wondering if this might be some temporary issue related to it being a newly serviced watch, rather than an additional problem caused by Gnomon or somewhere in transit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Abram357. I have no experience with GMTs. However, as far as I know, when a watch comes back from service, it should be functioning properly, not with some sort of break in period (as with a new watch some people claim their run fast at first). One time I got a simple 3 hand Hamilton dress watch back from a very reputable watchmaker fully serviced, and within a day the minute hand had stopped. I brought it back to my AD, he sent it back to the watchmaker, and it was fixed. Turns out it wasn't put back on its post (or whatever it's called) properly and it was just kind of hanging. With apologies, I got it back and it was running +1 sec/day. What are you gonna do? It's a hassle, but they're little machines and the watchmakers are human. Please let us know how it turns out.
Scott.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts