WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
The Soprod A-10 is considered to be superior to the ETA 2824. Have read nothing but great things about it.

The watch looks good, just a bit to bright for my tastes. Love the see through case back though.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
The Seikoprod movement is very nice from personal experience. And the bezel is ceramic. Otherwise it looks like a 42mm big brother of my Squsle Atmos 20 Blu-Ray, which I find in fact too flashy to wear often.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks great in the photo!
Do we have any indication how close in color the blue is to the blue Rolex Sub? After seeing the Sub at a local AD, I've been searching for the same blue on a watch that is available in SS. The blue Sub comes in gold only (~$30k).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks great in the photo!
Do we have any indication how close in color the blue is to the blue Rolex Sub? After seeing the Sub at a local AD, I've been searching for the same blue on a watch that is available in SS. The blue Sub comes in gold only (~$30k).
There's a white gold version of the Sub as well.

Anyway, hard to compare without having either side-by-side?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Some interesting new features - the lume of the indices and hands is BGW9, which is the strongest blue lume from Superluminova as I'm sure a lot of you know (just under C3 green in luminescence). It looks like the bezel comes standard in ceramic, and the 60 minute index is a full lumed triangle rather than a lume pip. The Soprod movement is decorated as well; I guess we'll have to wait for some forum members to get ahold of one to see how well finished it is, but judging from Steinhart's history I'd imagine it's nice.

The display caseback is a neat feature too. Overall with all the upgrades - Soprod movement, ceramic bezel, lume upgrade (over regular Ocean One), movement decoration, display caseback - I'd say it's still a steal at that price! 446 Euros without VAT, 559 USD at current conversion rates.

Pictures borrowed from Steinhart to show bezel pip and movement decoration.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Blue Fashion accessory

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Silver Material property

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'll add a personal opinion too - the blue is too bright for my tastes. If it was a navy blue that appeared black depending on how the light hits it, I might have ordered one right away ;)

·
Registered
332 Posts
I've waited for a blue steinhart after selling my green one a year ago... I just not sure the upgrades are worth an extra $175ish over a regular ocean one. To me a Soprod movement is a downgrade over the gold standard workhorse of movements the ETA 2824... but maybe that will change over time.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts