WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a new OOPB with an ETA 2892 A2 Top movement. Not sure why they stopped using the Soprod or if I should even care. The ETA is an established product by a leading company. The decoration is beautiful, as was the Soprod A10. After 1 day it's gained about 4 seconds.

Comments and thoughts appreciated.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Soprod = mistake by Steinhart.

Reactions: dman2112

·
Premium Member
69,696 Posts
With so many folks willing to dish the dirt on Soprod I'd be fibbing if I said I wasn't a little bit windy now about my Steinhart's with them in.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
With so many folks willing to dish the dirt on Soprod I'd be fibbing if I said I wasn't a little bit windy now about my Steinhart's with them in.
I wouldn't worry if you have a Soprod version. I do and it still works great after more than 9 months of ownership. It seems like there was a bad batch that had lubrication issues but otherwise the soprod is on par with the eta top grade being used by Steinhart now. Still makes business sense for Steinhart to stock ETA rather than a more boutique movement though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
They use ETAs more again now because ETA is delivering again in sufficient quantities... Sellita, Soprod etc., heck, maybe even Miyota 8/9015 and Steinhart's own ST-5 only came to the table because ETA wanted to stop delivering movements to non-Swatch Group members. Things changed now, they even are trying to FORCE other companies to take higher quantities of movements from them. A no-brainer für Günter to use them again... Plus, seems reliability is still superior to the substitutes...

Cheers
Dennis

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
The Soprod in my OOPB has never missed a beat, have it 2 years now.

The ETA in my OOB doesn't keep time as well and is on the way back to Steinhart this week as there is a fault with the rotor spinning when hand winding it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Soprod in my OOPB has never missed a beat, have it 2 years now.

The ETA in my OOB doesn't keep time as well and is on the way back to Steinhart this week as there is a fault with the rotor spinning when hand winding it.
Thanks! My ETA 2892 gains 4 sec/day consistently which I guess is acceptable. I was advised against hand winding it as I've heard of issues like yours.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
405 Posts
I just received a new OOPB with an ETA 2892 A2 Top movement. Not sure why they stopped using the Soprod or if I should even care. The ETA is an established product by a leading company. The decoration is beautiful, as was the Soprod A10. After 1 day it's gained about 4 seconds.

Comments and thoughts appreciated.
Is your bracelet 22-22 or tapers to at least 20mm?
How are you happy with bracelet and clap?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is your bracelet 22-22 or tapers to at least 20mm?
How are you happy with bracelet and clap?
It's nice but disappointing. Less expensive divers from Orient and Seiko have push button clasps. It does the job, though.

·
Registered
876 Posts
It's nice but disappointing. Less expensive divers from Orient and Seiko have push button clasps. It does the job, though.

I've had push buttons fail at the most inopportune times. I like the clasp but of course like Tudor and Rolex styles better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
776 Posts

BE CAREFUL !!

It seems that the screw holding the bracelet to the end-ling is coming undone !!
Tighten it up soon !

I know what you mean about the clasp. I got the same bracelet with an O1Legacy I received last week. Still I have to say it is much better than what I was expecting after reading all the complains about the clasp in the forum... It is MUCH better quality than a Seiko clasp (pushbuttons or not).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts