WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks,

I hope this isn't old news (didn't find it on the first page, so hopefully it isn't) -

the O1 Vintage Red now has a black dial again, but this time with vintage vanilla lume, not the green one like the original OOVR...

and....

it features the band spanking new 22/18 STEEL(!) bracelet!

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/diver-watch/ocean-one-vintage-red-687.html

just ordered one. Will be my 4th OOVR (My first one was V1.0, still with acrylic crystal glass....). I've got it bad :)

That's how my first one was like, back in 2012 (green hue not that visible though, iPhone 4s was used in artificial lighting):
IMG_0994_3.jpg

Wonder how long it will take for this new bracelet to be available in the "accessories"....

Cheers!

Dennis

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Dec1968, thats the one. Thanks for uploading the pictures!

Already just received the order confirmation (system generated though). I do hope to get it before weekend, but experience tells me not to hold my breath... ;)

Will post pics if wanted.

Dennis

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Dec1968, thats the one. Thanks for uploading the pictures!

Already just received the order confirmation (system generated though). I do hope to get it before weekend, but experience tells me not to hold my breath... ;)

Will post pics if wanted.

Dennis
Congrats. It looks amazing.

Instagram - Dec1968watches

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had just seen this earlier on facebook. I also would love the 22-18 bracelet. glad to see they got rid of the grey face. I love my vintage red but the wide bracelet gives me the sh#ts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello all! I just got back from the local Gnomon boutique in Singapore! Apologies, but I couldn't wait to ghost the bezel before taking a photo :p

IMG_2017-08-08 18:23:38.jpg

As you can see, it is much darker than the OVM 2.5! Additionally, the clasp on the new 22/18 bracelet is better than the old one! On the old clasp, it took a lot of effort to open it, but this newer clasp is easier to open! Less ruined fingernails :p

·
Registered
664 Posts
Looks super , very happy Mr. Gunter listen his fans. Now make ovm3 with same improvement and make all ppl happy :)

Reactions: Dec1968

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hello all! I just got back from the local Gnomon boutique in Singapore! Apologies, but I couldn't wait to ghost the bezel before taking a photo :p

View attachment 12410955

As you can see, it is much darker than the OVM 2.5! Additionally, the clasp on the new 22/18 bracelet is better than the old one! On the old clasp, it took a lot of effort to open it, but this newer clasp is easier to open! Less ruined fingernails :p

What did you use to "ghost" the bezel?

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
I'm going to show another Vintage watch - the Tisell Submersible. I added a different bracelet (had to seriously modify the hollow end links to fit) - but I really love this watch. It's 40mm with Sub C dimensions.

I put it on a NATO strap as well to see what it looks like.

I show you this to compare to the new Vintage Steinhart. This is close to what the v1 looked like with the lume.

·
Registered
86 Posts
And taper those [email protected] lugs too!

And/or reduce the size to 39 or 40mm. I have the grey dial iteration and love it. Seeing this new version really has my trigger finger itchy. Call me what you want, but I'm holding out hope that these rumors about smaller ocean models are true and I'll find one I love more than the new OVR

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
And/or reduce the size to 39 or 40mm. I have the grey dial iteration and love it. Seeing this new version really has my trigger finger itchy. Call me what you want, but I'm holding out hope that these rumors about smaller ocean models are true and I'll find one I love more than the new OVR

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I agree 100% and that's why I bought the Tisell. $220 is a heckuva value.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Tisell's usually are! I have a white dialed tisell with the 9015, great watch for a stupidly low $195

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I assume bleach, but I'd also like to know the details: how long, how did you dip it, etc. Why? Because it looks AMAZING!!!!

Also, will bleach damage anything on the watch, such as the seals?
Yes, I used liquid bleach! I dipped it in for about one and a half minutes :D

I think prolonged exposure to bleach will damage the seals, but for 90 seconds I think I'll be fine (I hope!)

·
Registered
450 Posts
So did you leave the bezel on the watch and just flip it upside down into a cup of bleach, that was barely filled so it just hits the bezel?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
It's kind of funny to think about how I've progressed on this:

When I first got the watch -"Man, I wish it was black like the picture"
After a couple of weeks - " You know, I kinda like the gray dial"
Now - "I'm glad I bought mine before they changed back"

Don't get me wrong, the black dial looks great, but I've really come to appreciate the gray dial.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts