WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some members in a few threads indicate that their will be an update/revamp done to the Ocean series. I know it'll remain a secret until Steinhart feels ready to release any information on the new changes but I'd like to see what some of you guys would like to be changed. Whether it be aesthetic or functional. I'm betting on the obvious like a ceramic bezel and maybe some changes to the dial; but who knows. Let us know what you think will be upgraded. :-!

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah alot of people like the 44mm and upwards sized submariner homages. I wouldn't buy one myself because I can't wear larger watches, but it's definitely something Steinhart wouldn't have a problem selling. Im hoping they move closer to something styled around the Odisea. I love that watch. Everything about it. I can only hope they release a watch similar to it to the public.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Fella's, I can tell you the whole Ocean series is in for a transformation. Whether a big one or small transformation I can't reveal yet, but it will make the Oceans more appealing to many more people I guarantee...

Triton will reveal more info in the coming months. Roll out is still planned for this year....:-!

·
Premium Member
3,685 Posts
Fella's, I can tell you the whole Ocean series is in for a transformation. Whether a big one or small transformation I can't reveal yet, but it will make the Oceans more appealing to many more people I guarantee...

Triton will reveal more info in the coming months. Roll out is still planned for this year....:-!
Booya Riker!!!

I'm holding out for a new ocean 1!

Can't wait to hear more.

Chiba

·
Registered
309 Posts
:(

The reason I love the Ocean I and GMT is their Rolex inspiration at less than 1/10th the price. a-la a Fiberglass 427 Cobra for those of us w/o $500,000 to spend on a car...

·
Registered
1,025 Posts

This should be quite interesting...
The more I read and see about this company I recently discovered (thanks to WUS), the more impressed I am with their timepiece collections.

The Ocean line really caught my eye. Reading it will be even more enhanced is great! Better start saving. :roll:

·
Registered
7 Posts
aaaaa! This is going to drive me insane... right when I've decided to pull the trigger on my first GMT ocean 1. Maybe I should hold out for a little while..anybody know how far off this transformation is? :think:

Costa

·
Registered
768 Posts
I wish they'll move further from homeage. Present Ocean serie is almost straight copy of Submariner or GMT II and it has start to annoy me. That's why I don't wear my Ocean GMT anymore. But I'd love to see their own design of "dressier" diver.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Interesting. I'm waiting for the GMT Ocean-1 to be back in stock ("early August 2010") but there might be some changes to the design?

:think:

I like the current design of the GMT Ocean-1 (black/red) -- only thing I would change is remove the cyclops.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
I wish they'll move further from homeage. Present Ocean serie is almost straight copy of Submariner or GMT II and it has start to annoy me. That's why I don't wear my Ocean GMT anymore. But I'd love to see their own design of "dressier" diver.

+1. Nothing says "I can't afford the original" like a very close copy. Moving to more home-grown designs/interpretations will draw more customers, not fewer, and will enhance Steinhart's reputation and credibility as a watch company. They've already shown they can do it and just need the affirmation to do more.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Ah Riker. Your posts are one of the reasons I've started this thread. I can't wait to see what changes are in store. Still thats not stopping me from buying the next shipment of Ocean-1's when they come in. If the changes are big enough I'd probably just buy another b-)

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
hi
some Owners have had the Cyclops successfully removed without damaging the Sapphire.
if you do some search you'll find a couple of Posts on how to do it.

Cheers

·
Registered
311 Posts
hi
some Owners have had the Cyclops successfully removed without damaging the Sapphire.
if you do some search you'll find a couple of Posts on how to do it.

Cheers
Thanks.

Yeah, I've done it already on some "test" watches I have (Invictas). ;-)

But it's one thing to do it on a $70 watch, it's another thing on a $500+ watch -- at least to me. Don't want an :oops:.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing a new version with a white dial - perhaps similar to the Rolex Explorer II GMT.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ceramic bezel would be very nice indeed. I am ready to buy one when they are back in stock ceramic or not ceramic...:-!

·
Registered
7 Posts
+1. Nothing says "I can't afford the original" like a very close copy. Moving to more home-grown designs/interpretations will draw more customers, not fewer, and will enhance Steinhart's reputation and credibility as a watch company. They've already shown they can do it and just need the affirmation to do more.
I agree that home-grown designs will probably draw more custom...although I have to say; I can't afford an original and getting a copy, with a decent reputation and good movement, doesn't seem like a bad idea. If you can't get the original, why not aim for a good look-alike? Maybe get one now and then get another when they update the series :) After all...we are trying to collect here.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts