WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:think: Just checked the Steinhart website and says "New orders in April". Well this was a bit of a let down. Does this mean I cannot even place the order for 4 more months? Then what should one expect for a delivery date? Hard to believe they are that far out, as I was ready to pull the trigger today.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I'd suggest writing a letter of complaint if you're not happy with waiting for the 2893 movement to become available; either a letter to ETA asking them to improve on the market-wide unavailability of their GMT movement, or to Steinhart, requesting that they start stuffing Chinese GMT movements in their watch cases.

Unfortunately, limiting your concerns about delivery times to a forum post will have little effect on improving the situation, which incidentally is out of Steinhart's control.

·
Registered
125 Posts
You should consider looking for your new watch in Steinhart local dealers webshops. I know some of them have got your target on thier stocks (for example Polish one). So all what you need is to wait for around few days for your brand new OVGMT.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should consider looking for your new watch in Steinhart local dealers webshops. I know some of them have got your target on thier stocks (for example Polish one). So all what you need is to wait for around few days for your brand new OVGMT.
Good constructive idea here, thanks leoric. Will do a little research and see what it yields. As stated in the OP, am still interested in how it works with Steinhart if anyone can help explain the process. And it appears that my inquiry was taken as criticism by another, but this is hardly the case. A simple answer to a question that I don't know the answer to is all I was after. Isn't that one of the valuable resources this forum provides daily? Thanks in advance :-!

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
iceman, Steinhart can only work with what they have. Uwe was quite right in that supply is strained so the answer is that until Steinhart put up notification on their website advising when orders can be placed again then your goodself & everyone else waiting to order the OV GMT will simply need to wait unforunately. Leoric's advice is the best bet for a speedier purchase.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I'd suggest writing a letter of complaint if you're not happy with waiting for the 2893 movement to become available; either a letter to ETA asking them to improve on the market-wide unavailability of their GMT movement, or to Steinhart, requesting that they start stuffing Chinese GMT movements in their watch cases...
Things could get worse when ETA lowers down their production volume next year, jacking up movement costs, hence, STEINHART will probably need to re-adjust the retail price, balance between sales price and cost price.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maybe you can try used ones for sale? I see them come up occasionally in the forums.

There was one recently up for grabs in Singapore.

Here is my copy which I grabbed from Steinhart recently.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Here is my copy which I grabbed from Steinhart recently.
Wrong watch. The OP is looking for an Ocean Vintage GMT, which uses a different movement than the Vintage Military in your picture, a movement that currently appears to be in shorter supply.

·
Banned
6,316 Posts
i don't know what it means, but i hope it means they're making them now and will be ready to ship in April... :think:

:think: Just checked the Steinhart website and says "New orders in April". Well this was a bit of a let down. Does this mean I cannot even place the order for 4 more months? Then what should one expect for a delivery date? Hard to believe they are that far out, as I was ready to pull the trigger today.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the input and comments, guys. As an update, I received an email response from Viele at Steinhart his am. Confirmed that there is no preordering option at this time, and that it will not be available for purchase until April 2013. Sorry to say, but let the waiting begin ....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts