WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
View attachment 12916183

Check out my new pick-up just arrived today. 4 days across the high seas to get here. I'm way stoked! Couldn't find a lot in English about this newer model on line but I loved what I saw, so I ordered. Just wanted to share. If there's more interest I can post some more pics and review a bit. I welcome your thoughts and comments. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
View attachment 12916183

Check out my new pick-up just arrived today. 4 days across the high seas to get here. I'm way stoked! Couldn't find a lot in English about this newer model on line but I loved what I saw, so I ordered. Just wanted to share. If there's more interest I can post some more pics and review a bit. I welcome your thoughts and comments. Thanks!
Please do, I'm interested!

Sent from my K92 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Very nice.

That one's been around a few years. Always caught my eye, but way out of my price range. I think it has the guts of a GW-A1100, with the compass complication.

Also, I think that blue crown will turn the compass chapter ring, which is a very nice feature for the compass, as well as using it like a diving bezel for a quick timer.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was wondering how long it had been out. I had seen some WUS posts on the older Catchalot but not much on this series. I was actually looking for a good solar worldtimer and purchased a pretty sweet Citizen Attessa a couple weeks ago. Then ran across this one after the fact. The addition of the timer, alarm and compass sold me.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Beautiful Oceanus. Don't see too many of these around here. Really top-drawer line, made on the Premium Production Line in the Yamagata factory. Please do post more photos when you can, and congrats!

·
Registered
620 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
8 hour thoughts and wrist experience:

Pure class and beauty with a wrist presence I've yet to experience, even with any of my higher end swiss pieces. There are truly no words or pictures (see cruddy attempts below) to express the brilliance of the dial with the dazzling blue accents and the way that they capture the small flecks of light and accentuate the colors back to the eye. I kept feeling like I was wearing something with sapphires or jewels. Not in an overwhelming "look at me" manner but just a small dazzling brilliance to make people do a double take. It truly gives off an appearance not seen on many watches. It's as light as a feather on the wrist thanks to the titanium case and bracelet. The functions and there respective movements are way too cool for a watch. The independent motors running the hands blow my Citizen AT Attessa out of the water in terms of function and efficiency. I was worried about size as the specs listed on line are confusing. It is indeed a 45MM bezel...with the crown and protrusion on the other side. Bezel alone is only 42. Depth is 12.8MM. It is a sheer pleasure to wear on a 7'' wrist. and no bigger then my Speedmaster. I have included some comparison pictures for reference. I wont go into specs and details as those are easily found on line. I will just say, the inclusion of the compass, countdown timer & alarm makes it almost perfect (altimeter would have made it the dream watch) I'm loving it and having no buyers remorse! I've included some pictures (a lot) for reference/comparison and lume. They've made me realize I am no photographer and need a better camera! Apologies for the quality and skill deficiency.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,084 Posts
Great looking watch, congratulations.
What I like about the Oceanus range is, not only do they look awesome, but the build quality it top notch too. :-!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great looking watch, congratulations.
What I like about the Oceanus range is, not only do they look awesome, but the build quality it top notch too. :-!
Agreed, I'm very impressed with the build quality with the exception of the clasp buckle. It seems a little thin.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
378 Posts
Can the bracelet be changed to the leather strap?

Is there a timer function?

I take it there's no light function? Not that its a big deal.

Thanks.

Agreed, I'm very impressed with the build quality with the exception of the clasp buckle. It seems a little thin.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There is a timer function. No light but great all night lume. The bracelet is proprietary. A strap would have to be notched/modified to work

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is my 1st. I'm really enjoying everything about it. The only thing missing for me is a back light!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Enjoy your Oceanus, I know I enjoy all mine :-!

The build quality on these watches is superb :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can the bracelet be changed to the leather strap?

Is there a timer function?

I take it there's no light function? Not that its a big deal.

Thanks.
My apologies for the incorrect answer. I can confirm, the bracelet is not proprietary. I removed it this weekend. It will take any standard strap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My apologies for the incorrect answer. I can confirm, the bracelet is not proprietary. I removed it this weekend. It will take any standard strap.
lanjim, after a few years with this watch, what do you think of it? I'm going to buy one, but have never held one in hand. My S100 Oceanus is great, but I'm looking for something a little more casual and less dressy. The P1000 seems to fit the bill perfectly. After wearing it for a few years, assuming you still own it, what are your thoughts? Is it too large? The case size is listed as substantially larger than my S100, and still a few mm larger than other watches I own. Any feedback you can provide is appreciated.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lanjim, after a few years with this watch, what do you think of it? I'm going to buy one, but have never held one in hand. My S100 Oceanus is great, but I'm looking for something a little more casual and less dressy. The P1000 seems to fit the bill perfectly. After wearing it for a few years, assuming you still own it, what are your thoughts? Is it too large? The case size is listed as substantially larger than my S100, and still a few mm larger than other watches I own. Any feedback you can provide is appreciated.
Mayberry,

Funny you should ask... It's actually on my wrist today! What I think is that it's a pure pleasure to wear, my go to watch. The one I will never part with. It's the best of all worlds, function wise, materials and quality. The size is wonderful for a 7" wrist (42mm). Super light and comfortable. The on the fly adjustable clasp is my favorite. The second hands still hits every mark perfectly. Tough Movt indeed. It's the only "keeper" I've come across in this hobby. I can't recommend enough. Perfection for me.

Sent from my SM-F700U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 34 Posts