WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Awesome. Thank you for replying. Sorry to renew an old thread, but there is very little available online about this model. Yet, I keep coming back to it and love the way it looks.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
A small note from me - for example, compared to the G2000, the anti-reflective coating on the glass is very poor ...

That was also the reason why I had sold it ...

·
Registered
10 Posts
A small note from me - for example, compared to the G2000, the anti-reflective coating on the glass is very poor ...

That was also the reason why I had sold it ...

Thanks for the feedback. I really like the G2000, too. I'm just not willing to spend almost $2k on a Casio. $800 is about my limit for what I'm willing to spend on this watch. But, the G2000 does look great!

I have seen some videos where the higher end Oceanus watches had pretty amazing AR. Even with that, my bottom tier S100 looks amazing. There is some glare and reflection in certain lights, but the crystal and dial look great, even with a curved crystal. I believe teh P1000 is a flat crystal, correct? Any idea how the P1000 compares to the watch I already have?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hello Mayberry32 and welcome to f17. This model really caught my eye as well and I ended up with the dlc version.
It has a slightly domed crystal and reflection/glare is reasonable to me, though I can't personally compare it to higher tier models. Module has many features and it's comfortable and light to wear. Only complaint would be a noisy clasp.
The rotating bezel is some great eye candy too.
20210113_083123.jpg 20210113_083204.jpg 20210113_105214.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, I ordered the P1000. Hope I like it as much as I think I will. Always scary ordering an expensive watch online without ever seeing it in person. At least, if I don't like it, I can leave all the tags on it and send it back. Might have to pay to send it back overseas, but won't eat the full price of the watch. Hope all that is unnecessary and I love it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Received the watch today. Love everything about it, except one thing. The adjustable clasp is very rattly. I love the looks, the fit, the function, everything. The only thing I don’t like is the rattle every time the bracelet is moved. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a simple fix for it?

I thought maybe a drop of silicone or clear fingernail polish on the contact points might help? The watch is very well made. Just annoying with how loud the clasp is on the bracelet. My S100 isn’t like that at all, so I assume it’s because of the micro adjust on the clasp, itself.

Otherwise, it’s beautiful and looks far better than even in the pictures.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
The only thing I don’t like is the rattle every time the bracelet is moved. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a simple fix for it?
The bracelet on my Oceanus T200 "jingles" a bit when shaken. I've learned to ignore it / live with it. :)

To be fair, I prefer to wear my watches slightly loose.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The bracelet on my Oceanus T200 "jingles" a bit when shaken. I've learned to ignore it / live with it. :)

To be fair, I prefer to wear my watches slightly loose.

Same sound with mine, but not that bad. I do wear my band a little tighter than you, though. It's in the clasp, not the entire bracelet. It has something to do with the quick adjust on the bracelet allowing it to rattle.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Same sound with mine, but not that bad. I do wear my band a little tighter than you, though. It's in the clasp, not the entire bracelet. It has something to do with the quick adjust on the bracelet allowing it to rattle.
Mine doesn't have a quick adjust. I'm not sure exactly where the jingle comes from. But, I love the watch. One of my favorites.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Received the watch today. Love everything about it, except one thing. The adjustable clasp is very rattly. I love the looks, the fit, the function, everything. The only thing I don’t like is the rattle every time the bracelet is moved. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a simple fix for it?

I thought maybe a drop of silicone or clear fingernail polish on the contact points might help? The watch is very well made. Just annoying with how loud the clasp is on the bracelet. My S100 isn’t like that at all, so I assume it’s because of the micro adjust on the clasp, itself.

Otherwise, it’s beautiful and looks far better than even in the pictures.
Somebody complained about clasp rattling with the MTG-B2000 as well, though I personally don't notice or care about it. I don't really walk around shaking my wrists, which is the only way to get the clasp to rattle. Maybe stuff a small wedge of clear tape in there.

You should post some shots of your new watch.

Reactions: Racer88

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I put an adjustable clasp on my S100 (how-to here :: Oceanus S100 Quick Adjust Clasp Swap How-To ) and it would make noise every time I set my wrist down on my desk. Basically the 'housing' on the clasp isn't actually secured in any way to the clasp mechanism, the buttons on the mechanism just stick through holes in the housing. But nothing is held in with spring bars or anything like that. So the mechanism can bump against the housing.

That said - the noise is well worth the adjustability.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I think it's a common complaint with this model, in spite of the excellent adjustment. I mentionedit in my original review I believe. It bothered me as well. I think there's a bit too much space under the main top of the clasp. If you push both buttons at the same time it can be completely removed. I considered putting something in there as a spacer and noise damper but never got around to it.

Sent from my SM-F700U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
After a few days of wearing the watch, either the rattling is diminishing, or I'm not noticing it very much. I will say the micro adjust on the bracelet is worth it, either way. I don't think I'll ever own another watch that doesn't have an adjustment on the clasp. Everyone's wrist changes throughout the day, and being able to adjust on the fly is amazing. I've owned numerous watches, but this is my first with this feature. It's awesome.

All that being said, the watch is unbelievable. It's beautiful. And it's functional, from the stopwatch to the timer, to the compass (which I will rarely ever need, but I love playing with it). I may even sell my S100 after wearing this one for a few days. Not that I don't love my S100....I do. But, I don't know how much wrist time any of my watches will get after buying this one. It's just a striking watch and I love wearing it. I'm really glad I bought it.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
After a few days of wearing the watch, either the rattling is diminishing, or I'm not noticing it very much. I will say the micro adjust on the bracelet is worth it, either way. I don't think I'll ever own another watch that doesn't have an adjustment on the clasp. Everyone's wrist changes throughout the day, and being able to adjust on the fly is amazing. I've owned numerous watches, but this is my first with this feature. It's awesome.

All that being said, the watch is unbelievable. It's beautiful. And it's functional, from the stopwatch to the timer, to the compass (which I will rarely ever need, but I love playing with it). I may even sell my S100 after wearing this one for a few days. Not that I don't love my S100....I do. But, I don't know how much wrist time any of my watches will get after buying this one. It's just a striking watch and I love wearing it. I'm really glad I bought it.
I'd hold onto the S100 at least through the honeymoon phase with the P1000, as that watch is perfect for dressier occasions.

Reactions: Mayberry32
21 - 34 of 34 Posts