WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Isn't the Giez 1100 the same module for far less $? No Ti or sapphire crystal on the Giez but those things wouldn't be worth that extra pile of cash to me. At that price I'd rather get 3 Giez (or if I were going big just save up for a 7500) and have money left over. Just me though, don't get me wrong it is a nice watch.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Hi fieter

I have the all black version that goes for $900 in the USA though I got mine a lot cheaper direct from Japan.

It is a great watch with some useful features. It is a bit more complicated to use than an ani digi watch but that is because it presents a more upmarket, all analogue image. It looks large on the wrist due to small bezel but it wears light due to all titanium construction. The bracelet is of a high quality and feels and looks elegant.

I say go for it (try direct from Japan) you know you wont be content till you get it!

Mitch

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I love the all black Ti model. Until the Giez 1100 came out I was considering one as I value the "day" indicator and didn't want to drop the cash for a MR-G.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Not bad, but I much prefer this model Oceanus (Japan model), which also has the bonus of being 200m and having a proper one-way bezel...

They work out to be about $450US shipped from Higuchi/Seiya. Not too shabby for solid titanium, sapphire, atomic, solar watch. As for people complaining they're too much, Giez's big brothers, the top of the range MR-G's cost way more for what are the same movts. The Oceanus are good value IMHO...imagine what the equivalent Omega would sell for. :-x

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks - think I will get it!

I am in Hong Kong and have a connexion here to get fair discounts on almost anything. So I should get it here for less than $600.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
To be honest for that money I'd rather have a similar looking Seiko or Citizen. It looks nice but I prefer my digitals to be casio and my analogues Seiko.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Not bad, but I much prefer this model Oceanus (Japan model), which also has the bonus of being 200m and having a proper one-way bezel...

They work out to be about $450US shipped from Higuchi/Seiya. Not too shabby for solid titanium, sapphire, atomic, solar watch. As for people complaining they're too much, Giez's big brothers, the top of the range MR-G's cost way more for what are the same movts. The Oceanus are good value IMHO...imagine what the equivalent Omega would sell for. :-x
don't all of these use hardened titanium? if so, how scratch resistant has it been for those that own one.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Geogecko out of curiousity, was your watch black ion on titanium or black ion on stainless?

Cheers

Adam

I went with a black one of those watches, and was disappointed in the black ion coating starting to wear off.

I bought one of these instead, the OCW-300, and am very happy with it. Depends if want all analog or not, I guess.

More information if you are interested: http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=61344

·
Registered
209 Posts
Geogecko out of curiousity, was your watch black ion on titanium or black ion on stainless?

Cheers

Adam
Hi Adam, it was the OCW-700, which is black ion on titanium. I have an office job, and the only wear it was seeing was at a desk typing. Pretty sad in my opinion. I expected more.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Hi Adam, it was the OCW-700, which is black ion on titanium. I have an office job, and the only wear it was seeing was at a desk typing. Pretty sad in my opinion. I expected more.
It doesn't surprise me at all. I think the Black Ion Coating 'feature' was a dud from the beginning...

...there have been several models which I've liked a lot, but refuse to buy because of the BIC. <|

1 - 20 of 30 Posts