WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd solicit some thoughts on which of these two Bulgari Octo Finissimos to target.

bv-102945.png 103077_all_black_6e4a524a4f_700.jpg

I like the idea of getting the limited edition titanium wit blued hands, but black ceramic seems like it would hold up better over time?

·
Watchuseek Journalist
1,753 Posts
I have the original Octo in Titanium and find it perfect. The blue numbers took away from the subtle appearance of the watch. The black titanium had coolness factor, but again was bold for me. If I wanted to go for bold, I liked the gold version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
I've posted this one several times on the forum, if it was a bit smaller I would have purchased it:

20181006_161837.jpg

·
Registered
457 Posts
a big deal for me is readability. Its cool when you're younger, but as you age, that black titanium is going to be impossible to read.
Gimme that gold first and foremost but then the sandblasted grey all day

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Ceramic of course. Much more exotic and interesting.
I have the original Octo in Titanium and find it perfect. The blue numbers took away from the subtle appearance of the watch. The black titanium had coolness factor, but again was bold for me. If I wanted to go for bold, I liked the gold version. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
a big deal for me is readability. Its cool when you're younger, but as you age, that black titanium is going to be impossible to read. Gimme that gold first and foremost but then the sandblasted grey all day
What "black titanium"? There is a titanium model and a ceramic model.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
Sandblasted Titanium, out of the two.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I tried these two on this afternoon. Both were magnificent, but the titanium is MUCH more legible. The stainless steel was really nice too. I think I will wind up with the titanium, but there’s no wrong choice here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,665 Posts
...so ceramic is is scratch resistant?...
Very scratch resistant. The only drawback is that it could potentially crack or chip - but as far as I can tell, that's pretty darn rare.

·
Registered
225 Posts
There's always a risk to having an all ceramic watch, one little slip and it could be bye bye birdie. I own the finissimo in stainless and I highly recommend giving it a go. The titanium is obviously the material the watch was designed in mind with but stainless feels less fragile and is livelier in color than the titanium

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There's always a risk to having an all ceramic watch, one little slip and it could be bye bye birdie. I own the finissimo in stainless and I highly recommend giving it a go. The titanium is obviously the material the watch was designed in mind with but stainless feels less fragile and is livelier in color than the titanium
If the stainless steel version came on a metal bracelet it would be a contender. I think the metal bracelet completes the ultra-thin high-tech wrist-hugging aesthetic of this particular piece (reminiscent of the tech world's mania for making everything as thin as possible), so even though I like the sheen of the stainless steel model I don't think I'll ever go for wearing it on an alligator leather strap.

·
Registered
225 Posts
If the stainless steel version came on a metal bracelet it would be a contender. I think the metal bracelet completes the ultra-thin high-tech wrist-hugging aesthetic of this particular piece (reminiscent of the tech world's mania for making everything as thin as possible), so even though I like the sheen of the stainless steel model I don't think I'll ever go for wearing it on an alligator leather strap.
If you mean metal as in "not leather", then yes it does come on a metal bracelet. That's what I have it on

1 - 20 of 21 Posts