WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GW-B5600BC-1B that is about a year old.
When I travel to a different time zone from my home time zone in the U.S. I set the watch with the Casio connected app.
Sometime later the same day the watch will turn off/go dead - definitely not power save. Then it will come back on after about an hour or so reset to 12:00 am January 1st. I sync the watch with the Casio connected app, re-apply all my preferences. Everything’s fine until the next day when the same thing happens. I did not pay attention to see if it happens the same time each day.
This phenomena does not happen when I’m home and the watch is just in my watch case.
It is not a low battery thing, it is well charged.
Any ideas?
8176847B-DF2B-4492-91DD-E04FA31FF495.jpeg

·
Registered
848 Posts
Gshock resets like that usually has battery problems -
but it you said no, then, it comes down to software, software has bugs, like window 95
you ever tried NOT to use your phone but adjusting it like a regular Gshock? did it "passed out" too ?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I have several other connected G-Shocks that I have traveled to different time zones with, and never had this issue with them.
So, this software you mention would be in the watch itself and not the G-Shock Connected app?
The watch updates automatically day to day without issues when in my home time zone.

Here's a synopsis of the most recent ocurrences:

After traveling to a different time zone (Central) on 11/16, synced watch to the G-Shock iPhone app.
11/16 and 11/17: shut off mid-day.
11/18/: normal operation all day.
11/19: (noticed) shut off around 11:00 am. back on at 11:15. Turning off and on (new symptom)
Back on at: (noticed) 1:25 pm.

When turns on again it is reset to 12 am on 1/1.

11/20/20, 5:40 am (CDT) watch shut off. Back on at 6:05 am.

·
Registered
848 Posts
how do you know the battery is fully charged? you charge the G by yourself? or trusting the phone's app? is there any indicator on the G's display to read the battery level?
yes, I was guessing the software problem inside the G
1/ can you charge the G for 2 days before using for travel again?
2/ how about disconnecting the G from the phone completely and see if the problem still there?

i still think it is battery's problem

·
Registered
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. Casio G-Shock DW-6900SG. Casio G-Shock GW-5000. Rado Original R12408614.
1,771 Posts
how do you know the battery is fully charged? you charge the G by yourself? or trusting the phone's app? is there any indicator on the G's display to read the battery level?
yes, I was guessing the software problem inside the G
1/ can you charge the G for 2 days before using for travel again?
2/ how about disconnecting the G from the phone completely and see if the problem still there?

i still think it is battery's problem
The latest Bluetooth solars don't have a battery indicator. You need the app to check it.

·
Registered
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. Casio G-Shock DW-6900SG. Casio G-Shock GW-5000. Rado Original R12408614.
1,771 Posts
I have a GW-B5600BC-1B that is about a year old.
When I travel to a different time zone from my home time zone in the U.S. I set the watch with the Casio connected app.
Sometime later the same day the watch will turn off/go dead - definitely not power save. Then it will come back on after about an hour or so reset to 12:00 am January 1st. I sync the watch with the Casio connected app, re-apply all my preferences. Everything’s fine until the next day when the same thing happens. I did not pay attention to see if it happens the same time each day.
This phenomena does not happen when I’m home and the watch is just in my watch case.
It is not a low battery thing, it is well charged.
Any ideas?
View attachment 15554081
I think there's something wrong with the module itself.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
By any chance are you wearing a long sleeve shirt or a jacket that is creating static electricity? That was the issue with the Protrek PRW-3000. It would reset if the owner pulled something over it that created static electricity. Casio could not fix the issue so they conveniently removed it from the market and came out with the PRW-3100.

Not all watches had that issue but a lot of them did.

If this is not your issue then it is probably a module that is taking a dump

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
journeyforce,
I do were long sleeve shirts, but I don't know for sure if this is/was the problem. Seems to happen only when I am in a different time zone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts