WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was one odd X-33.
The inner ring doesn't add up to me and I have never seen one before.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344840129.211884.jpg

My old chap

f42833ce.jpg

Anyone else seen this configuration or have the sun bleach the black inner ring to grey?

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I noticed that too. The watch is local to me, and I thought I might go check it out.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oooh please do that.
Have seen hundreds of different photos in different angles but nothing as near gray as this and it seems to be all flat without the 5minutes markers recessed in the inner ring either .

Good price though ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Peter, I've just glanced at my Gen 1 and Gen 2 X-33s and on both the inner bezel is black.

My initial reaction would be that grey colour comes from the black fading, but as the lumes are actually fairly fresh and well maintained, I doubt this would be the case.

My only guess who be that the hue and contrast of the photo is not correct. The the entire photo looks kinda washed out and the titanium appears to be much warmer than usual (i.e. yellowish). Black to the lab for that photographer.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its kind of brown down at 4 o'clock which can be the lightning or it can be due to moister which would explain the odd color as well.
If that's the case I feel sorry for the buyer which would turn this watch from will priced to expensive in a flash.

·
6,880 Posts
Very interesting. Definitely looks faded.

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
It is odd. But at least it doesn't have hands like this. No amount of fading could account for that! (FYI 13 bids on the bay currently...) A new "Speamaster" variant ; )

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
second hand needs to by synced with the digital, but that's not a problem.
Something odd there too perhaps. There are two front-facing images of the face of the watch, taken at 10:10:00 and 10:10:10 according to the digital readout.

In the first pic the analog hand is 13s ahead of the digital readout. In the second pic taken 10s later, the analog hand is only five seconds ahead.

·
6,880 Posts
I wonder if that's an early variant of the X-33 or if someone just swapped Bond Seamaster hands?:-s

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Something odd there too perhaps. There are two front-facing images of the face of the watch, taken at 10:10:00 and 10:10:10 according to the digital readout.

In the first pic the analog hand is 13s ahead of the digital readout. In the second pic taken 10s later, the analog hand is only five seconds ahead.

That's odd and the brown area/stains around 4 o'clock is there too which strengthens my suspicions of moister which also explains the gray color on the inner ring...

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
when did the x-33 crown change from the beefy style to the ridge style I saw on above posted pics?We have another member here who said he has dealt with 3 failed x-33s and that the first two had the crowns actually "collapse" Just curios about what happened. I don't know a whole heckuva lot aboiut x-33 but after looking over some of my vintage swatches I realized the x-33 is a dynomite watch!

·
Registered
862 Posts
The Mk1 or first generation X-33s had the vertical spline crown. The Second generation had the radial groove crown.
The change made it easier to pull the crown out to POS 2 for varios setting functions.

WRT the "crown collapse", as someone else noted it's probably the spring and not the actual crown.

And I got the same bug, got mine a few days ago and have hardly taken it off :)

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
when did the x-33 crown change from the beefy style to the ridge style I saw on above posted pics?We have another member here who said he has dealt with 3 failed x-33s and that the first two had the crowns actually "collapse" Just curios about what happened. I don't know a whole heckuva lot aboiut x-33 but after looking over some of my vintage swatches I realized the x-33 is a dynomite watch!
Ref TS.186.1998 (PIC 3990.50) produced from 1998 up to 2001 : The fist version of the X-33
Ref TS.186.1999 (PIC 3991.50) produced from 2001 to nowdays : "Relifted" version of the X-33

From two sources/references on X-33s I've looked at a few times (the first has a lot of info/links, and speaks about the crown issues too)

Omega Speedmaster Professional X-33 Overview – I Already Have a Watch.
Omega X-33

Cheers,
HBL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts