WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

My names Carradean. I am in the process of starting a brand and finding a manufacturing company for my watches.

I have been working on designs for the past year and have already contacted companies and received quality samples.

My first order is going to be 500 units (the minimum from most of the people I've spoken with). I've got a general idea of places to go from my research but I am basically after advice on who to use? Also if anyone here has ad experience with getting watches made?

I am looking to retail my watches from $400 to $800 AUS with my own milled cases. I am looking to have the entire watch put together from one place. There are companies that can supply basically any movement your after and mill the cases, make the dials and put it all together for you. This is what I'm after.

I have spoken with a few companies that can make prototypes before the order and I have nailed it down to a couple. Any advice from someone with experience or anyone with knowledge or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not parcial to any region but would like a company that can help me be cost effective, good quality and good comunication.

Thanks for you time and I hope you guys can help me start my brand.

Kind regards.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Speak to Suj from Melbourne Watch Company, he can be found in the Affordables forum.

Although being from Australia and producing watches in exactly the same market and price range as yourself I'm not sure how much help he'd be willing to share!

·
Banned
4,491 Posts
Hi there,

My names Carradean. I am in the process of starting a brand and finding a manufacturing company for my watches......
Welcome to the forum and best wishes for your venture. I think many, especially over on the Affordables forum, will be eager to see what you produce. I'm under the impression that the lowest cost options are in China, but am interested to hear where and how you eventually go.

Thank you for expanding my vocabulary, and apparently my understanding of anatomy. I seem to have snoozed through a lecture. Unfamiliar with 'fricker', I googled it to find it is 'an organ that houses my soul orb.' Didn't know that my soul had an orb, or that I had a fricker. Looking forward to working this one in to a conversation or two over the course of the week!

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,122 Posts
It's not fricker it is Fricker. Everybody in the watch business knows Fricker and knows it is not about expanding anybody's vocabulary :)

·
Premium Member
8,157 Posts
It's not fricker it is Fricker. Everybody in the watch business knows Fricker and knows it is not about expanding anybody's vocabulary :)
When I saw "Fricker" I thought of this :

But they actually seem to be a pretty cool company... Fricker GmbH - Full service

1 - 8 of 8 Posts