WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize this topic has been discussed over and over again. I know amazing charts have been created that document the evolution of bracelets for this iconic watch. I know SpikedLee on the Omega forum determined that the new 3861 bracelet will fit almost perfectly on an 1861. I truly appreciate all of this information, but I cannot seem to find a simple answer.

My question is what previous version OEM Omega bracelets will fit my 2019 Moonwatch 1861. I love my watch but cannot stand the bracelet that came with it. I have a 3861 bracelet on order from my OB, but before I pull the trigger on that purchase, I would like to know what my options are here. Can anyone help please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can think of many vintage and current options

but what is it about the speedy bracelet you dislike? (weight/fit/looks?)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am a sucker for vintage watches. Thought about buying a vintage Moonwatch but in the end decided to get the newer version. That said, I find the bracelet too large and thick. I guess I would like something a bit more streamlined and tapered. It’s really uncomfortable on my wrist and cannot find relief in that department. I’ve seen the flat link version (one of the Apollo anniversary versions, I believe) and the 1450, and I like both very much. Will those fit on my 1861?Worth going vintage for either of those two? Or maybe new 3861 is the way to go? Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There used to be a tapered version of the speedy bracelet that was available in the 90's. I think it was the 1498/840

I dont know about the apollo flat link version, but the 1450 should fit (either with the 808 or 633 end links). I dont quite like the 1450 though (kinda dressy for a speedy I think, but many others differ!)

much lighter options include the vintage 1171 (with 633 ends), and then tehre's the flat link 1039. if you want something with more flex, there's the Holzer (Mexico) bracelet with a bazillion points of flex

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There used to be a tapered version of the speedy bracelet that was available in the 90's. I think it was the 1498/840

I dont know about the apollo flat link version, but the 1450 should fit (either with the 808 or 633 end links). I dont quite like the 1450 though (kinda dressy for a speedy I think, but many others differ!)

much lighter options include the vintage 1171 (with 633 ends), and then tehre's the flat link 1039. if you want something with more flex, there's the Holzer (Mexico) bracelet with a bazillion points of flex
Thank you for the information, sir.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I had the tapered 1499 on my Speedy originally, and it was ok, but I love the US 1450 bracelet and replaced the Uncle Seiko clasp with an OEM 1162 clasp. Looks the best on a Speedy Pro in my opinion…

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That Uncle Seiko 1450 looks excellent, especially with the clasp swap. How is the quality? Weight? Any other info positive or negative?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi,
my 1973 and 2020 Speedy look equally good on the US1450 (isn´t it great, being able to outfit a "vintage" Omega with 2021 hardware?!). The older one used to be on the -excellent- 1479, but I prefer the 1450´s toolish looks.
Disapointed, to not say pis..d, i was after ordering the 1171/633 directly from Omega. After all the good I read online about that bracelet, I thought it was the perfect match, but after receiving it, and feeling its tinniness, I was extremly disapointed, specially paying 560 Euro for this stamped and folded (50 Euro) bracelet.
Only thing I would wish for is, that the "Uncle" fixes the gap between the endlink and the first link of the bracelet.
Still, as of now my first choice, but, with a little revision, could be easily "the" perfect Speedy Pro setup for me, without a doubt. Cheers

·
Registered
8,755 Posts
FWIW, Uncle Seiko also has a 1479 on the way in the next couple months, and Forstner will have their own 1450 by the end of the summer. It's a golden age for aftermarket Speedy bracelets.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Decided on the 3861 bracelet to swap on to my 1861. I love everything about the looks and taper of it. As I will most likely never sell this configuration, I plan on selling my 1861 bracelet to offset cost of 3861 bracelet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts