WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!
In a couple of days i´m getting my first speedy pro after watching auctions for months :)

Thing is, i´m buying it on ebay and wonder if any of you guys know the difference between using paypal and bankwire? Is it what i think, that paypal is a middle man that makes the transaction safe and bank wire is simply just to put money into the sellers account?

Kind regards Joacim

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
With a wire transfer, your money is gone and you have little or no recourse against the seller. PayPal provides some protection. PayPal obtained a full refund for me on a bad watch so I always recommend that route. Plus your bank will usually charge a wiring fee whereas PP is free for the buyer.

Another plus with PP is if you use a credit card, you will also have the CC company's buyer protection and in some instances, additional warranty.

I watch the Speedies on ebay very closely and there are a couple of sellers that I recommend who stand behind what they sell. Email me if you want to know more about Speedies on ebay.

Fr. John+

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Congrats!

Congrats on finding your first Speedy Joacim! We look forward to welcoming you into the Speedy Club.

Fr. John covered things well. Paypal is fast, easy, and relatively safe.

Don't forget to let us know when Speedy arrives!

eric

·
Registered
114 Posts
As someone who works in a financial institution, I would NEVER wire money to someone I didn't trust 110%. Like previously mentioned, there is absolutely no recourse with a wire transfer, whereas with Paypal, you have their buyers' protection, credit card buyers protection, etc. Go for Paypal.

Congrats on the purchase!!!! :-! :-! :-! :-!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts