WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Ball AD passed away. I owe Frank W. Gould, of Gould Diamonds & Jewelery, Anoka, MN, for introducing me to Ball watches, their storied history and selling me my first Ball Watch.

He was a wonderful man with a large heart for his customers. I only knew him for a couple of years, but he would take time to get to know you, educate you and treat you as a long-time friend. He even worked on the railroad is his early days before becoming a 4th generation jeweler in the family business.

He passed away peacefully, after a 9 year battle with cancer.

His legacy is his family, his customers and his store.

I will miss Frank.

Clayton

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Thanx Clayton. Cancer is a terrible disease. I hope his suffering was as gentle as possible. Sounds like he was a gem of a guy.

I will toast him and keep his family in my thoughts.

·
Registered
976 Posts
My Ball AD passed away. I owe Frank W. Gould, of Gould Diamonds & Jewelery, Anoka, MN, for introducing me to Ball watches, their storied history and selling me my first Ball Watch.

He was a wonderful man with a large heart for his customers. I only new him for a couple of years, but he would take time to get to know you, educate you and treat you as a long-time friend. He even worked on the railroad is his early days before becoming a 4th generation jeweler in the family business.

I will miss Frank.

Clayton
Thoughts are with him

·
Registered
460 Posts
A wonderful guy with a wonderful family history behind him.

May he rest in peace.

·
Registered
965 Posts
So sorry to hear that. He was the only MN AD that I didn't get to know. Peace be with him and his family.

Regards,
-Jeff

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Clayton -
Like you - I'd only known Frank for a couple of years - but your description was dead-on. His kindness to all was only surpassed by his love of family - and the legacy he built for his progeny (that marvelous new store) will serve as both a landmark for the town, and a monument to the man. Those of you who have never ventured to the frozen northland to see a magical place would be well served to travel to Anoka and see this important venue. Frank was both a visionary and a truly nice person. thanks for letting us know.

marc ofte / ball watch usa

He was a wonderful man with a large heart for his customers. I only knew him for a couple of years, but he would take time to get to know you, educate you and treat you as a long-time friend. He even worked on the railroad is his early days before becoming a 4th generation jeweler in the family business.

I will miss Frank.

Clayton

·
Registered
568 Posts
May he rest in peace....

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you All for your condolences and sympathies. I will be attending the visitation Tuesday evening and I will share your thoughts and words with his family. They will be touched.

Again, thank you,

Clayton

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Your post is proof enough that he was a man to be remembered. Thanks for letting us know of your experiences with him. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts