WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 658 Posts

·
Registered
12,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
This watch looks great! I know I'm in the minority, but I like the faux patina. It's not because of the age, but because I like the cream color of them. It's something different. How's the whole setup in person? Does it live up to the hype?
Thanks mate! I too was sceptical of the lume when I saw the official photos but it really works in person (to me anyway)

The box is huge and really nicely finished with the corduroy. The watch roll really is nicely done and it'll be so useful in the future. the bracelet is very nicely finished but I prefer my watch on a strap or NATO. Talking of which the strap does NOTHING for me. The NATO is just perfect. Im hoping I can pick up the grey NATO that ships with the Speedy in future and I've put my details to the boutique who will contact me when they become available.

The watch really delivers on all counts for me. The CK2913-1 always sang to me but with the prices increasing and having a watch that may or may not be mechanically or waterproof sound not to mention the bezel being notoriously brittle and almost impossible to source, the trilogy re edition was a no brainer. The modern master co axial edition is a beauty but at 41mm makes it a no no despite the aesthetics singing to me.

Originally I was really tempted with the Railmaster but in person the simplicity of it didn't sing to me much like the Speedy. I've always been a dive watch fan and this one really ticks the boxes for me. If I was to mention a negative it would be that it didn't ship with a lollipop seconds hand. It's historically correct as the lollipop hand came with the CK2913-7 issue. If it was possible to add the lollipop hand then I would jump at it!

So in conclusion, if you've always hampered to own the vintage version of these watches then I think you should get your name down. They are still available despite internet banter saying otherwise. In the U.K there's no deposit necessary and as long as you can either check it out in person and pay in 24 hours it'll be yours.

I'll be sure to post more photos as and when

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks mate! I too was sceptical of the lume when I saw the official photos but it really works in person (to me anyway)

The box is huge and really nicely finished with the corduroy. The watch roll really is nicely done and it'll be so useful in the future. the bracelet is very nicely finished but I prefer my watch on a strap or NATO. Talking of which the strap does NOTHING for me. The NATO is just perfect. Im hoping I can pick up the grey NATO that ships with the Speedy in future and I've put my details to the boutique who will contact me when they become available.

The watch really delivers on all counts for me. The CK2913-1 always sang to me but with the prices increasing and having a watch that may or may not be mechanically or waterproof sound not to mention the bezel being notoriously brittle and almost impossible to source, the trilogy re edition was a no brainer. The modern master co axial edition is a beauty but at 41mm makes it a no no despite the aesthetics singing to me.

Originally I was really tempted with the Railmaster but in person the simplicity of it didn't sing to me much like the Speedy. I've always been a dive watch fan and this one really ticks the boxes for me. If I was to mention a negative it would be that it didn't ship with a lollipop seconds hand. It's historically correct as the lollipop hand came with the CK2923-7 issue. If it was possible to add the lollipop hand then I would jump at it!

So in conclusion, if you've always hampered to own the vintage version of these watches then I think you should get your name down. They are still available despite internet banter saying otherwise. In the U.K there's no deposit necessary and as long as you can either check it out in person and pay in 24 hours it'll be yours.

I'll be sure to post more photos as and when

Thanks for the details. That all makes sense about the CK2913-1. I've never craved the CK2915 before but I really like the size, steel bezel, and colors of the dial and hands.

I think I made the decision on the Speedmaster for me. What color strap and NATO came with yours? I think if I end up getting the Speedy then I'd switch it to the strap right away.

·
Registered
12,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Congrats Danno, I know you've never been a NATO/Zulu fan, what did it come with?

Rail gone?
Thanks mate! It comes with a light brown leather strap and a chocolate brown NATO which I have it on now. It's really comfy and very vintage looking

·
Registered
12,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the details. That all makes sense about the CK2913-1. I've never craved the CK2915 before but I really like the size, steel bezel, and colors of the dial and hands.

I think I made the decision on the Speedmaster for me. What color strap and NATO came with yours? I think if I end up getting the Speedy then I'd switch it to the strap right away.
The Speedy is beautiful if your a chrono fan. It wears nicely and the details are spot on.

As previously stated, my 300 came with a light brown leather strap and chocolate brown NATO strap.

The grey NATO that the Speedy comes with is gorgeous!

A photo I took of the Speedy on my 6.25 inch wrist.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The Speedy is beautiful if your a chrono fan. It wears nicely and the details are spot on.

As previously stated, my 300 came with a light brown leather strap and chocolate brown NATO strap.

The grey NATO that the Speedy comes with is gorgeous!

A photo I took of the Speedy on my 6.25 inch wrist.

The Speedy's size looks great. I may be interested in that leather strap if I do get the Speedy.

·
Registered
12,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
.......So you have the limited edition, but not the Trilogy version.

Those come in a the 3 pack box and have Trilogy printed on the dial with limited edition number.
Indeed. The Trilogy watches in the 3 pack are a big no. That text just ruins it in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Congrats! I do like the SM300 reissue the best of the 3. Can you post some picks of the complete package you get? The box, all the straps etc.. Also does just the outside of the bezel turn and the lume pip is over the steel inner ring or does the steel inner ring also turn with the aluminum bezel?

·
Registered
12,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Congrats! I do like the SM300 reissue the best of the 3. Can you post some picks of the complete package you get? The box, all the straps etc.. Also does just the outside of the bezel turn and the lume pip is over the steel inner ring or does the steel inner ring also turn with the aluminum bezel?
It's late and I'm too lazy to take some pics right now but I can confirm that when iturn the bezel either clockwise or anticlockwise that the both the black bezel ring and the inner steel ring and the lime pip all move together.

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Very nice!

Still waiting for my Railmaster.

1 - 20 of 658 Posts