WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
621 - 640 of 658 Posts

·
Registered
12,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #622 ·
I'm not sure, if there is a need for the Seamaster 300 1957 60th anniversary ! Any opinions on this ?
View attachment 16165665
With watches there’s never a need, just a desire haha. Yeah you need the 300 too. Keep the 300MC though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
I'm not sure, if there is a need for the Seamaster 300 1957 60th anniversary ! Any opinions on this ?
View attachment 16165665
With watches there’s never a need, just a desire haha. Yeah you need the 300 too. Keep the 300MC though

I have a Speedmaster ...005, a Seamaster 300MC, and the Trilogy Railmaster. I've often thought about selling the Speedmaster and Seamaster and picking up the "true" Trilogy.

Now, that was only a thought, but if I was 2/3 of the way there I'd be seriously entertaining the idea.

Like Dan, I say go for it...but keep the 300MC.

René

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I'd do it only if you found a good pre owned one. They are pretty rare to come by in AU but one did come across my desk a few years back which was offered at just under $8k.

·
Vendor
Omega/Tudor/Breitling/Grand Seiko/Tag Heuer/Montblanc/Hamilton/Seiko
1,863 Posts

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Man that’s a classy lookin watch, especially on that classy strap!

Thanks, pal! I appreciate the compliment.

I changed from the bracelet to this strap because I had to wear a monkey suit to a celebration of life. I thought it might be too dressy for everyday wear, but I don't think it is. I'm enjoying it. That being said, I'm rwdy to change it to the oem black leather that came with it.

René

Reactions: usmc_k9_vet

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Brought the '57 Railmaster Reissue back into the rotation today and moved it back to the oem, black strap from the brown suede Atelier DeGriff strap;

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Wrist

Watch Analog watch Hand Watch accessory Clock

René

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Bringing this thread back to life with my 1957 Railmaster Reissue;

Watch Arm Analog watch Black Azure

Watch Hand Analog watch Arm Blue

René

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello fellow Seamaster trilogy owners. I have my watch for almost 1.5 years now and have always worn it on the bracelet. Recently I noticed that all 4 of the lug tips (the flat squared off end of the lugs) have some sort of rough surface or ‘burr’. I wouldn’t call it a scratch or dent. I wonder if it’s a result of long term use on the bracelet (where there’s is slight room for movement and the bracelet link might come into contact with the lugs), or was it a result of the watchmaker removing the bracelet without care as I sent it in for a service about a year ago as my watch was running slow. Unfortunately I only noticed this burring very recently and OSC claims they are not liable. Anyone notice this burring on their lug tip as well? PS I take very good care of my watch and have never attempted to remove the original bracelet on my own.
Some photos to show what I mean :
Hand Peripheral Input device Finger Gadget
Hand Finger Watch Nickel Everyday carry
Writing implement Office supplies Wood Office equipment Cable
Hand Peripheral Input device Finger Gadget

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello fellow Seamaster trilogy owners. I have my watch for almost 1.5 years now and have always worn it on the bracelet. Recently I noticed that all 4 of the lug tips (the flat squared off end of the lugs) have some sort of rough surface or ‘burr’. I wouldn’t call it a scratch or dent. I wonder if it’s a result of long term use on the bracelet (where there’s is slight room for movement and the bracelet link might come into contact with the lugs), or was it a result of the watchmaker removing the bracelet without care as I sent it in for a service about a year ago as my watch was running slow. Unfortunately I only noticed this burring very recently and OSC claims they are not liable. Anyone notice this burring on their lug tip as well? PS I take very good care of my watch and have never attempted to remove the original bracelet on my own.
Some photos to show what I mean :
View attachment 16459602 View attachment 16459603 View attachment 16459604 View attachment 16459602
So is anyone facing the same as I posted? Thinking if the bracelet is “eating” into the lugs 🤔

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've had the 60th ann. speedmaster for + 4 years now and still love it. It doesn't get a lot of wristtime as it is very scratch prone (I know that its part of the charm, but still...) so it still feels a bit 'special' when I do put it on. Even though I have a lot of leather and Nato straps to pair with it, in the end I always go back to the bracelet. I guess this one is really meant to be on a bracelet.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Watch Hand Analog watch Clock Watch accessory

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
A little early for work this morning so I enjoyed a coffee and played around with photographing my 60th Anniversary Railmaster;

Watch Analog watch Product Clock Font

Watch Analog watch Clock Everyday carry Font

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Grey

Automotive tire Hat Wood Sleeve Textile

René

621 - 640 of 658 Posts