WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Vendor
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

busy months has passed.
Today i have the first time to say hello to all STOWA and Schauer watch fans.

At he moment (i arrived Friday and will go back to germany monday evening)we exhibit in basel and i want to use the time to launch the news from STOWA.

In the reason of the new building and moving in the last 2 weeks i have had no time to do many new items.

But - anyway - i want to share this items with you.

First i want to present the Marine Original in Rosegold 750/000 and with a silver dial.

Romeon numbers (of course we do also the arabic number version)

Crocostrap and solid rosegod buckle.

Price will be Euro 5.900.-

The concept includes a new idea i have written before:

I you have old goldjewells or goldwatches you can give us this old gold and we will use it to produce your watch.

Maybe you have some gldcoins or finegold - we also can use this.

More details later.

The case of the watch is 41 mm size and matt finish.

Blued steel hands.

2 Durowe
Please have also a look at the Unitas 6498 based new DUROWE movement.
The concept is now after doing the design and finish to produce step by step as much parts as possible.

This is a way we need of course a few months/years.

But the first step is done and we develope and produce now the first serie.

I will use it in STOWA and Schauer watches- of course in different finish and maybe with different features.

Just have a look a the design.

Ok- now it is "collectors" day in basel - we are busy and we wish you all a nice weekend.

best regards

Jörg Schauer

Attachments

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to share. The rose gold MO is a beauty. I really like that it has a silver dial. Congrats on the movement. I like the look of it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
What is the production capacity of Durowe compared to Stowa/Schauer production?
Wasn't it possible to use old Durowe designs, why did you choose to develop the new production around avec 6498 based mouvement?
Besides that many models like airman and marine are developed around the unitas, maybe you have other explanations.
Last, what are the mid and longer mouvements to be done by Durowe?

All the best for Basel fair!

·
Registered
644 Posts
So, there's an 8K, US case, with a manufacture movement that won't be available for years.

Anything else?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Regarding what I expected from the Durowe activities, frankly:
I cannot believe... I don't want to believe...
At first, i was disappointed too. :-(
But, remember: new facility, the move, trouble with the craftsmen......and designing a new movement - and all to be handled by one man only: Joerg Schauer :roll::roll:

It's still a small company, where the owner has to decide now, how business will be organized in future.

I'm sure there will be more issues in near future - but I trust in STOWA and their strong team, especially customer's service by Regine Schauer and Viveca Hafner.

As far as the communication is going well, all issues will be managed by STOWA ..............and by us, the customers, ;-)

Volker

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great news and info

I'll ask the obvious question:

If the new Durowe movement is based on the 6498, I'm assuming it would easily be interchangeable with the current modified 6498 in the FO and MO. So this begs the question: when/would it be available in the FO? Say, if you were really far down on the list, would it be listed as an option when payment is requested by the end of 2009?

Seth

·
Registered
43 Posts
Tartan:

I am curious to read the answer to your question, but notice that the movement shown is not a center seconds movement. Although, it could be easily modified for center seconds, Herr Schauer may prefer a more elegant solution than the standard additional bridge.

I am also curious as to what the long-term plan for this movement. Will the next step be to have an entirely in-house version of the 6498, or is this a movement that is intended to serve until a fully in-house design movement is available?

Either way, this is a step in the right direction and I would be delighted to add a watch to my collection that uses it.

S

·
0 Posts
Some more pics of the Durowe movement

I attached some pics of the Durowe movement. Pics courtesy of JohnF I had the pleasure to range with the exhibition halls of Baselworld . I will post my pics later. Will download some 200 pics tonight. So stay tuned.

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Interesting announcement from Mr. Schauer. The way I read it and the attached pictures, the new rose gold Marine Original and the new Durowe 7440 movement are separate items: the MO produced with the existing 6498, and the 7440 to be included in Stowa/Schauer watches at some point in the future.

Some additional information and timelines on the Durowe 7440 can be found:
http://durowe.com/en/vision.php

which indicates 200-500 movements produced by end of 2010, with sales to third parties later.

Interesting also that the 7440 is based on the Unitas 6498; my reading of some old posts and older Durowe information indicates that the 7440 was originally planned to be a smaller, 11.5"', 3/4 plate variant of the Durowe 7420 used in the _very_ limited edition Durowe/Schauer:

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=113383

Any better informed Stowa historians want to weigh in?

·
0 Posts
Nice, you could bet I will be looking into it. The concept of sending in your old gold to be used in watches is intriguing.

S

·
0 Posts
Re: Great news and info

I'll ask the obvious question:

If the new Durowe movement is based on the 6498, I'm assuming it would easily be interchangeable with the current modified 6498 in the FO and MO. So this begs the question: when/would it be available in the FO? Say, if you were really far down on the list, would it be listed as an option when payment is requested by the end of 2009?

Seth
Well, Jörg mentioned that it might be possible to have the first batch of movements ready in the end of 2009 - and yes they can easily be fitted into the AO and FO cases. Let us see and wait. Patience is a virtue.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Seeing as the list for the FO is already well into the 4th quarter, why not go ahead and start a list for the FO Durowe now also? I'd plunk down my Euros for that one. Sign me up! :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just when I thought my checkbook was safe... b-)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts