WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

361 - 380 of 1003 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Picked up mine today.:) Used - has a few light marks on the anti-reflective coating when viewed closely with a magnifying loupe.

Just wondering whether it's worth getting a new crystal now or wait until the first service. If any one out there has had a replacement crystal fitted, how much do they cost?

View attachment 967890

Quick photo taken with phone. I'll try and post some decent photos in the coming weeks. If I can get them to look half as good as the majority on this thread I will be happy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Picked up mine today.:) Used - has a few light marks on the anti-reflective coating when viewed closely with a magnifying loupe.

Just wondering whether it's worth getting a new crystal now or wait until the first service. If any one out there has had a replacement crystal fitted, how much do they cost
I had my crystal replaced on the 2201.50.00 which I believe has the same crystal. That costed around 400USD. The watch is still under warranty, so it had to be sent to swatch for replacement. Maybe it can be done less expensive if it is done out of warranty. Almost brand new, I must have bumped it in to something and a tiny mark was made and also some tiny scracthes. I wore it for over a year and had the glass replaced because I am selling it. But besides that accident, the crystal has never gotten any further marks. That AR layer is quite tough I think.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm gonna get on that list someday!!!!!
I'd forgotten I'd posted this!

I joined this forum after purchasing my first ever Seamaster. I quickly found myself on this thread - in fact I hadn't any knowledge of the LM LEs before this. Well I was hooked! - probably around the time of my first post on this thread.

Well last Sunday WAS the day. I traded my much loved POC 9300 + some cash for a used PO LM LE. (I will own another someday).

I haven't looked back - just forward with my left wrist held out in front of me constantly gazing at the beauty that has been adorning it for the last week! :)

Now that I am a very proud owner could I please be added to the list? - would it be appropriate to list the Limited Edition numbers besides the owners? It's a feature that I would certainly find interesting.

Here is my photographic homage, as a way of saying thanks, to this thread.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I was agonizing over whether or to pull the trigger on this! But as amazing as I think the PO LM LE looks, I couldn't bring myself to pay nearly $1000 over MSRP. For that kind of money, I'd rather get a JLC, GO, or IWC. If only I had known about this watch (and forum) 2 years ago....

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I've been wanting a PO LM LE as of late. I've seen a couple for sale but I have to sell my POC 9300 first, anyone wanna trade?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Well, I managed to find TWO in dealers...both in hold...and both miraculously collected by their new owners within 24 hours of my enquiry... really??

I suspect the dealers may be playing the 'Of course we have one' game...

The quest continues.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Just put a deposit on one , collecting it next week. :)

361 - 380 of 1003 Posts